• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ultima Online Patches
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

Ultima Online Patches
Hey all,

I am looking for a 5.0.9.1 patched game to use for our auto-patcher checking.

From my experiences, there are core map changes after 5.0.9.1 which means overwriting the map files with those from 5.0.9.1 if you have higher versions installed.

But, since we do not use anything post-ML anyway, it seems silly to ask our players to download almost 1gb more for content we never use.

EA has also taken down the patches to update from a default ML install to 5.0.9.1, so its 4.0.11 and thats it.

So 2 questions.

1) Would it make more sense to just stick with 4.0.11 and apply our patches to that, or a KR install and apply patches + ML maps to that?

2) Does sphere like it better if we use an SA install? If so, could we use an SA install with the ML map files?

Main reason being some towns like Magnicia change between releases - i.e. missing buildings entirely, and the paths in KR+ show tiles you can't walk on since the server's maps are ML.

I would update the servers maps, but I don't trust it not to add/remove stuff we expect to be there...

And, does anyone have a *clean* installation of 5.0.9.1? No one on our server does, since they all have our old patch on it Big Grin

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 03:09 AM by Ultima One.)
02-05-2013 03:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Soulless
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 29

Ye Olde Sphere

RE: Ultima Online Patches
Im in the same boat , minoc is all fucked up in my version of UO, i dont know how. but its missing all its damn roads... i might have something at home for you, i think i went on a search for 509 a ways back. but i gotta look. don't hold your breathe though, im installing a new mobo and cpu tonight, since the old ones are fried.
02-05-2013 03:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Shaklaban
Master

Likes Given: 0

DOT

Here is the treasure:

http://www.joinuo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=647

About the patches;

Im using 6.0.6.1 files with 5.0.8 client for 2 years without a problem. Latest patches are not compatible with clients < 7x. Patches which is lower than 5x are not good with 5x+ clients.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 04:06 AM by Shaklaban.)
02-05-2013 04:01 AM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

Yeh, for the last 5years or so, we have said ML patched to 5091, then use any client you like below it. 2.0.3 seems popular - my players swear its less laggy.

That link is awesome Shaklaban! Now I can finally get a clean 5.0.9.1 and apply our latest patch to it for our auto-updater xD

I guess 6.x.x is ok so long as the server has the same muls on it. I think our issues tend to lie in people using 7.x and 6.x clients on our 5.x muls. But (although it may sound like a bad idea) our patcher will downgrade the relevant files if it finds a 6.x version, it will downpatch it to what we require, 5.0.9 Smile

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 05:00 AM by Ultima One.)
02-05-2013 04:58 AM
babazar
Journeyman

Likes Given: 2

struggling to get my head around this. how do i make this available for a download or people to use on my server?
07-15-2013 07:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply