Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UO Renaissance
Djeryv
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

UO Renaissance
Over the years I ran private servers on emulators such as UOX, Lonewolf, Wolfpack, and RunUO...but I was recently looking at Sphere to mess around with. I found an old Renaissance client because I wanted to simulate the feel of the game from back then...so I setup up a basic sphere server (only a couple of tweaks to the INI) and started it up.

It seems to detect that I am running Renaissance...maybe from the MUL files. Is that true?

If so...does it then automatically limit my server/client to that style of material (monsters, items, tiles, art, colors, rules)?

I made a GM character and did some blacksmithing. I loved seeing the old menus again and I made a couple of items. I then chopped some trees for a bit. Things seem to be working fine. I then got a house deed and placed it. It appeared I seem to have the old style houses again with keys. So does this server I setup have houses behave like the old days? There are no lock-downs and such...just good old fashion keys?

I went into the house and the walls and floor vanished. I think I even fell to the grass. I can see the house on the radar though...and I could see the house when I placed it. Any ideas?

I don't see teleporters on the ground...like other emulators, but I can go into dungeons just fine. Are they there and I just don't see them...or is it an X,Y,Z system where you stand on those coordinates and you go to other coordinates?

Again...I am new and just feeling my way around. The house disappearing is my only hiccup thus far.
02-19-2016 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

RE: UO Renaissance
I believe base packs are setup primarily to detect your client and assign its ResDisp values. So if you are using 2.0.3 then it will downgrade to 2.0.3 and even do so with new mobiles and items, if the RESLEVEL, RESDISPDNID, RESDISPDNHUE has been assigned. Something I should get into a practice of doing for things I release it seems.

Housing, not sure why you are falling through floors, but I don't have an old client to check or to see if it is a bad INI setup or a bug or whatever. Though, I don't think we have gotten that complaint in a long time. Maybe one of the others can direct you more with that. You can also go into our DOWNLOADS section and there are zip files from an old forum/page that was run by SephDragoon and it contains a lot of older styled stuff for clients and gaming of that era.

With people wanting the old game play style, I guess I will dig through my archives and re-release the UO:Ren/LBR combat code again which perfectly mimicked Origin Systems Incorporated.

Yes, all of the travelling is done by X,Y,Z detection in the server. It reads from a script file you can edit and does teleporting via a WRAP. Like if you went to the end of the world in the NORTH sections and came in at the SOUTH sections.

Sphere should be fun for you if you learn how to use it. I personally only messed with POL, RunUO, Wolfpack, and Sphere. I was/am still a developer for sphere (when I have time) and love using this engine more than the others. There is more functionality in it in my honest opinion.
02-20-2016 01:35 PM
Djeryv
Apprentice

I think it must be the actual client...because I can go off screen and come back to houses. I could also log out and back in and sometimes see them again. The doors never disappear (or the chest in the tent). Just the walls.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2016 09:03 PM by Djeryv.)
02-20-2016 09:03 PM
Mad Gunther
Apprentice

Likes Given: 11

What client version are you using? Try to use the ultima online reinassance with verdata.mul from mondainĀ“s legacy version it could fix that maybe. Doing this trick gonna avoid for you many headaches with other stuff too, and keep in mind everything will work like reinassance no matter the verdata...
02-21-2016 03:22 AM
Djeryv
Apprentice

The last client I could find with a verdata.mul was Age of Shadows. Mondain's Legacy didn't have one in it. The AOS one didn't help the issue.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2016 05:53 AM by Djeryv.)
02-21-2016 05:53 AM

Likes Given: 17

Probably the house issue is related to Sphere, not to the client, since another guy reported something similar here: http://forum.spherecommunity.net/Thread-...in-houses.

For the teleporters, you may want to have a look to the file scripts/maps/sphere_map_points0.scp, there are definied the default teleporters for map0. Of course, you can add teleporters modifying that file or adding walkable items, setting their TYPE to t_telepad and setting their MOREP to the destination coordinates. If you want, you can make the "dynamic" teleporters invisible by doing .xattr 090 (which is attr_invis|attr_move_never, so that you also stop decay of the item and make it non movable by players).

You can enable your preferred features in the sphere.ini, changing the Feature*** fields.
02-21-2016 07:50 AM