Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Transfer quildstone
darksoulfe
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Transfer quildstone
Good afternoon guys.

I want your help in the following problem. Brazilians are all shameless in the world of last online, people play on your server to find bugs and errors and take advantage of that until a gm finds out. As incredible as it seemed they were using the guildstone to lock house doors when people waited invisible for the pvp inside the house. As soon as the owner of the house enters the other goes back and uses the guildstone transfer to place in front of the door and thus benefit from the items of the adversaries.

I would like a help because I already tried several ways to change this and I had no solution. I would like to let the guy modify his guild stone only 1 or 2 times or put him to transfer site only with a 30 day count. So if he moves today only 30 days after he can move again.

Thank you and I am waiting for your help.
10-28-2017 04:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: Transfer quildstone
I think the best solution is to move the guild stone only with GM's assistance.
10-28-2017 04:31 AM
Leonidas
Master

Likes Given: 3

Yeah i've played many servers that required a GM to move the stone, seems like this is the only way to avoid that.
10-28-2017 10:22 AM
darksoulfe
Journeyman

Good morning, I do not know for you guys, I like to make the game a little bit independent of GM, imagine if everything the guy wants it to send you a message, you do not live anymore, you do not have a social life, you can not do anything else if you want to be looking 24 hours for the computer just to see last online, today I do not live to last online I just like what we do and we like to make the game a fun and intuitive way.

We need to do something to improve this. I do not think that an administrator of the sphere sends me a message without a solution and still informs me that sometimes the player wants to modify the stone it has to call gm. I do not think it works that way, it's a simple thing to solve.

I will give you forms and I hope you will help me because I could not do it without it working.

1- we could change the form of the script and put it to it when clicking transform the guild into deed again.
2- We put a time of 10 in 10 days so he will know that it can only change every 10 days.
3- put something that in front of buildings in a minimum distance of 2 to 4 tiles can not be placed.
4 - put so that the player only has 2 chances of change of guild so he will know that only changed by 2 times.
5 - removing the button I do not think a correct way because I would always need a gm online and this today I find it difficult.

We need to create game servers where the players come to get things. Imagine OSI worldwide server of ULTIMA ONLINE where they would be required to stay 24 hours attending page. would not have a small team in the way that is in EA but a service team with at least 400 people.

Last online forever imagine today with 8k of players sending page.

Thank you and I hope you have the help of us because we need to improve the scripts that we have and so we will pass on to everyone for an improvement in the community.
10-28-2017 09:56 PM
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

But what guildstone scripts are you using?
10-29-2017 12:55 AM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

that's why 15 years ago OSI had changed its guild system to use virtual guild gumps (the "Guild" button on paperdoll) instead physical deeds/guildstones. But strangely here on brazil most players still prefer the old physical guildstone just because "it's old"

anyway sphere default guild system already have some "primitive" settings to allow guildmaster move the guildstone, you just need to add an check to block the movement if the location is near doors

you just need to add this function somewhere
Code:
[FUNCTION IsNearDoor]
FORITEMS 1
  IF (<TYPE>==t_door) || (<TYPE>==t_door_locked)
    return 1
  ENDIF
ENDFOR
return 0

then open "/stones/sphere_genericstone_items.scp" and add this extra check on i_stone_mover:
Code:
IF (<SRC.IsNearDoor>)
  SRC.SYSMESSAGE You can't move guildstones too close to doors.
  return 1
ENDIF
10-30-2017 03:55 AM
darksoulfe
Journeyman

Dark I'm using the same script as the original sphere, I'm remodeling it and adding things to a cleaner and easier script to use, as we had problems in another shard I want the script to be used differently.

Coruja - Man I would like to have a new guild stone system, like the osi scheme, I played osi for 3 years and I know the system, I do not have the courage and I do not know scripts correctly, I only know some things and with them I improve , I am a lawyer and I do not have much time to spend all day thinking and scripting to develop this, I know that the team of the sphere is 90 you are only you that I see in git updating and improving for our community. And if you have this new style system osi could improve git and put 2 forms of guild and the administrator could choose the best and so put the best you think.

Hugs and thanks for the response of both and I hope an improvement in the community because we need a union and not disunity and discord.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2017 11:17 PM by darksoulfe.)
10-30-2017 11:17 PM