Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
general commands to decorate
gurud7i
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

general commands to decorate
Is there a general command that decorates the world with a default map? I have used the scripts ive found here, and was wondering if there was something a little better out there?
08-04-2012 11:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rayvolution
Journeyman

Aetharia

RE: general commands to decorate
No, there's not. You have to decorate the world by hand. The quickest way is to use Axis2 and just drop locked down items where ever you want.

The only alternative is the few per-decorated world files you'll find out there. But IMO; that takes away from the uniqueness of your server. Smile

Now, if you plan on doing your custom map still, you can decorate the map in CentrED if you don't mind the decorations being semi-permanent. Decorating in CentrED is faster, only because the interface is easier to use once you get used to it.

If you're sticking with the default map and have no plans to add new cities/dungeons/large/islands then you should decorate with Axis, in-game, to reduce the amount of custom files your players need to download.

[Image: 4_Logo.png]
An MMORPG based on the Ultima Online engine.
Completely Custom Map, GUI, AI, Combat, Skills, Crafts, Art, Music and so much more.
http://aetharia.com - Home of Ambition!
08-05-2012 12:57 AM
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

I suggest to use Centred for decorating, remember that if you are planning to put a lot of stuff and you don't staticize it, players can get laggy

I suggest to use Centred for decorating, remember that if you are planning to put a lot of stuff and you don't staticize it, players can get laggy
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 03:34 AM by darksun84.)
08-05-2012 03:34 AM
gurud7i
Apprentice

is there a script that will put the doors on properly? I have tried a couple and didnt work so good. Yes the custom map will be for the new lands. I will have only three lands... the basic trammel, fel, and Life
08-05-2012 04:41 AM
Rayvolution
Journeyman

Aetharia

You have to manually place the doors, and pretty much every single item in the entire game unless you have a pre-made/decorated world file.

If you're using a 100% custom non-OSI map, without a doubt you will have to manually place every single item in the entire game. The only exception *might* be writing a script to place things like random reagent/item spawns out in forests and what not.

But generally, it's a lot of work and there's really no cheat codes. Big Grin

[Image: 4_Logo.png]
An MMORPG based on the Ultima Online engine.
Completely Custom Map, GUI, AI, Combat, Skills, Crafts, Art, Music and so much more.
http://aetharia.com - Home of Ambition!
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 06:28 AM by Rayvolution.)
08-05-2012 06:27 AM