Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starting New Auxiliar Program Project
DracoInjection
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Starting New Auxiliar Program Project
Hey guys!

I'm DracoInjection and I'm here today to ask for any help to start a new tool for macros and scripts, that me and a friend are going to build, or try to.
I'm relatively new to this area of programing, usually I do well on scripts, but I'm still trying to learn how to handle client-server issues.
If any of you could give me a lead, I would be glad.

The goals we are looking forward to achieve with this project are stability and flexibility. We are starting this because of the lack of good scripting tools (like Yoko Injection) with the same stability and funcionality that UOSteam brought us recently, just like Razor was able to do long ago (Razor has no script area and UOSteam don't have enough flexibility in their scripts).

Thanks in advance for any help given.
12-05-2014 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

RE: Starting New Auxiliar Program Project
Welcome Draco!

Whats your plan? Something similar to any of the current assistants or something new?

Whats the language you're gonna use to code? Will it accept scripts like Injection?

As you know, UOSteam is not updated anymore. Both Diego and Diogo don't works on it anymore.

Thats why I really want know how much you want to make this...

Any question you can ask here and I would like that you join our irc channel to talk Big Grin

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
12-06-2014 01:08 AM
DracoInjection
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

RE: Starting New Auxiliar Program Project
Hi again, and thanks for the attention.

Basically the goal is to make something similar to UOSteam in terms of stability, but with more flexibility in scripting like Injection.
I know it is quite a goal to achieve, but we will try.
At first we think of using C++ to code, but it is still being studied. Because there are some source codes around sourceforge, google codes, etc that we might use to avoid the initial dificulties someone already had and shared the results with everyone.

Once I had contact with Diego (I think it was Diego) and asked some questions about UOSteam scripts, because I love scripting for UO XD, but I lost his contact. It would be great to get in touch with them so we can understand how they began and maybe bother them to solve problems along the development. LOL!

I usually don't use IRC (I did a long time ago), but I may enter Big Grin

Thanks again for the answer, and I hope we can continue this chat in the future
12-06-2014 04:35 AM