Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spheres stance (not source posts)
dagger4k
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

Spheres stance (not source posts)
Hey just writing this to talk about the sheer lack of (english) sphere shards out there. Currently there are a few however all i can see is russian, brazilan etc. I think that someone should think about making a dedicated server that can perhaps compete with the likes of forever uo and the second age... Now don't get me wrong I'm not talking another pre-t2a thing... Sphere needs to distinguish itself with gameplay and content, to do this the sphere (los and fizzle) style should be incorporated... Anyway, I'm posting this to say there is definitely a hole in the freeshards market for something like this.

By having a shard compete on this level it should trigger more interest in sphere.. This is what is needed! Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2013 10:42 PM by dagger4k.)
05-09-2013 10:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

RE: Spheres stance (not source posts)
Hey,

I run an English Sphere server... UK based, a lot of Portuguese players, but we are an English server.

We have a lot of players, but we ran on a Linux box which kept crashing (and some hackers / i went on holiday for 2 weeks, so a lot left, but will come back when i call them ^.^), just moved to windows 3 weeks ago, and not 1 crash since then.

I'm working on out-doing RunUO's web interactions, building a 'MySphere' so to speak, as well as auto-patching/3rd party protection launcher.

Based on when we had all our players playing (we are currently undergoing some revamps before I advertise again), we were (probably have been for the past 13 years) biggest UK based Sphere server. (damn those russians Sad )

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2013 10:13 AM by Ultima One.)
05-10-2013 10:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dagger4k
Journeyman

=[ seems as though all US based sphere servers are gone then. I'm in Australia so playing a Europe / uk based shard is quite pointless. In fact in a lot of ways I can't play on USE either =[
05-10-2013 10:19 AM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

did ColdfireUO die? It was US/Canadian. A lot of their players came to my server, but not sure if that was just to see it or if CFUO closed..

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
05-10-2013 10:26 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dagger4k
Journeyman

yeah CF died, has been dead for a few months now.
05-10-2013 01:41 PM
Rattlehead
Master

Likes Given: 3

i will be opening a US based shard in the next month or so, based off of the UOR days, with lots of new stuff implemented, but trying to avoid straying away from what UO was back then to much, i have mentioned a few times here what i plan on having in game. i dont really like alot of the new things that are out, and from what i can tell alot of the more popular shards stay between T2A and AoS and have lots of players on, so i hope it will appeal to lots of players.

[Image: matts_siggy.gif]
05-13-2013 02:51 PM
dagger4k
Journeyman

what will the pvp ruleset be like? are you going to be using the proper los based fizzle pvp? (I think you should Tongue)
05-13-2013 06:48 PM
Rattlehead
Master

Likes Given: 3

i think i know what u mean, but for clarity explain what u are talking about

[Image: matts_siggy.gif]
05-14-2013 09:53 AM
dagger4k
Journeyman

Will the pvp utilise the osi style pvp system of pre-casting (you cast the spell while stationary and they you can move), sphere 51a of los but no fizzle(you can run around casting and the spell is when you target the other player / npc but you can't fizzle them), or the 55i / 56b style of los / fizzle pvp (you run around while casting, you can fizzle others, the spell starts when you target the other player etc.).
05-14-2013 11:13 AM
Rizz
Master

Likes Given: 21

I run an italian server, client 7+, every new features BUT pvp mechanics are the same as sphere 51a.
05-15-2013 10:17 AM