Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SectorSleep + NPC AI
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

SectorSleep + NPC AI
Two days ago I activated flags 01 and 08 from .ini to check and see the new npc pathfinding, it does it work so nice, the problems came next day when I opened sphere and everything was SOOOOOOOOOOO laggy, took me time to notice that was the NPC AI, deactivated it and everything cames to normal, smoth perfect movement, but I wanted this flags, they are really necesary to npc movement... so today I started some debug:

First I tryed with a fresh sphere copy and worked like a charm.
So I tried with the worldsave that comes in add-on folder (and wich I am currently using for testing and everything) and still worked nice.
Next step I installed SCP and worked fine also... so I was scary thinking it was one of my scripts...
I starting placing my custom folders one by one and trying and finished with same effect... everything worked fine!!!
But not so nice to know, where was the problem? i opened sphere.ini and started trying every options one by one, even if they had nothing to do, and figured out after an hour that the problem was SectorSleep=3, leaving it at default '10' works fine.

Isn't it supposed to be a resources saver and stop 'everything' on that sectors while inactive? You don't have to wait upon activate it to have this lags, they come instantly and they doesn't dissapear even waiting more than 30mins.

So here's my question: is this some kind of bug or did I missunderstood SectorSleep functionality?
09-07-2013 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
babazar
Journeyman

Likes Given: 2

RE: SectorSleep + NPC AI
first of all i wouldnt be using the SCP with the latest version of sphere.
09-08-2013 12:46 AM
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

Sector sleep should be cutting off their AI but still keeping them there. Issue is; it is obviously still running a process to make sure they are cut off with checks on if a player is entering an area. Sector sleep at 10 is great; but remember; there are a ton of sectors in the Sphere maps and each sector must be processed.

As for telling someone not to use SCP; scp is fine if he can manage to decypher the horrible packaging. I wouldn't tell people not to use SCP because you don't use SCP. Technically, the scripts in there work fine. Anything that might need editing within the past year wouldn't be hard to do.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 01:11 AM by Khaos.)
09-08-2013 01:10 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

Thanks for anwsers, i'm not using a clean copy... it gives some errors and have some uncompleted templates and few more things.

I though that having less time in SectorSleep would take less time to make a sector entering in SleepMode only and, accordingly, stress out Sphere proccesses, while keeping these sectors 'death-until-player-arrival'. BTW, it works more than fine with 10, thanks.
09-08-2013 06:30 AM