Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SCP Break Down + My Repository
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

SCP Break Down + My Repository
So, as we all know; I am tearing apart SCP as much as I can and at my time allowance. I think I am going to set days for hard code/base pack updates, some days for SCP break down, and others for generating scripts for the downloads (SShare) to help bring back the community. This sounds like the best ideals for my time. Also; this won't burn me out on sphere; like many Devs have had the issue with devoting their time to one thing.

Tonight XuN stumbled upon my SCFC (Sphere Core File Creator). This is a batch file added several years ago that never made it to the downloads for some reason (Don't ask me; it was supposed to). The idea came from an ex-member known as Sub Zero and I enhanced the batch file. I am going to add it to the downloads (SShare). This will create the core files needed to start up Sphere; add Agree=1 to the ini; and create an Admin account (Please change the password to this account when you are done to prevent shard hijacking). In about a week we will converse and see about adding this to the ADDON folder in Sphere as well so people have it right out of the package (I want to update it a bit more before it is added).

I would like to add to this post and ask: Would you all like some updated older scripts posted in the downloads from the old Sphere Forums and Script Sharing?

If the above answer is yes; I have just about everything ever done on my desktop (yes, I was archiving for about 8 - 10 years). If you want something specific; this might be hard as the naming conventions people used were pretty generic. If the community is interested; I can start converting some of these files here and there and uploading them to the downloads (SShare).

I was looking at some multi's tonight from older housing creation; some are missing <id> 0 0 0 0; meaning I might have to make a binding item based on what they posted (I am not loading them into my multis file). Otherwise; most things are intact.

Just something I can do here and there to help the community some. If anyone is interested that is.

PS:
I uploaded an EA: AoS+ Resource Gathering system tonight. Please check it out if you are interested in double resource in Felucca and using the Skinning Knife and Butcher's War Cleaver the way EA does. If there are any problems with my scripts in the DOWNLOADS (SSHARE) section; please address your issues on the Script Help forums.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 05:14 PM by Khaos.)
11-30-2013 05:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Khaos
Master

RE: SCP Break Down + My Repository
Also, I'd like to note: I might have to redo the base packs.... all over. I am sorry if this has to happen. Naming conventions are inconsistent and NAME="" is missing from things.

I am going to warn all Sphere members ONCE. DO NOT RELY ON TILEDATA FOR NAMING. Mr. SugarCube and I found out a long time ago that the naming isn't precise and can be VERY wrong. Do not follow in this bad practice. Always make sure there is a NAME=<whatever> as a fail safe. EA is not in the business of making sure emulating their product is THAT simple.
11-30-2013 08:05 PM
azmanomer
Journeyman

Likes Given: 4

my vote goes to yes for old scripts and thanks for works you done Smile
11-30-2013 08:06 PM
Khaos
Master

Thanks Azmanomer. I will try and get more up for you all as soon as I can. I added quite a few recently to downloads. I am working on redoing the weapons for base packs now. >_<
11-30-2013 08:24 PM
azmanomer
Journeyman

Likes Given: 4

i wish i can help you about that but still long way to learn about scripting Sad
11-30-2013 09:25 PM
[+] 1 user Likes azmanomer's post
babazar
Journeyman

Likes Given: 2

Yeh m8, Why shouldnt we have all the old scripts, They will be useful to someone,
12-06-2013 10:41 PM
Khaos
Master

I am trying to redo the base packs and optimize some old scripts from the older forums in my free time. Working on some things with the hard code with the team as well. I will try to post more when I can.
12-07-2013 05:17 PM
[+] 1 user Likes Khaos's post