Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Personal Opinions why Sphere > RunUO
SukmiLongHeart
Apprentice

Likes Given: 13

Uberon

RE: Personal Opinions why Sphere > RunUO
I like sphere better than runuo... This might be because I found sphere much more easier to get into/to actually change the "uo world".. Although, I also liked playing sphere shard alot more than runuo. ( so I like it more as a player AND developer. )

I LOVED the sphere of times past though. It seems like the vast number of active sphere shards and contributers has steadily declined. Dont really know why though, although I can guess it has to do with devs losing interest, as that is how most projects die.

It is great to see, however "small", a new found interest for sphere and even some new devs.

One of the downsides to sphere imo, and I believe it has been mentioned before here, is the inability, atleast for novice shard owners, to easily change hardcoded stuff.. Some things are confusing and just have to be completely overwritten/rewritten. I personally dislike the way sphere handles skillmenus in particular. They look crappy and basic, and you basicly have to rewrite a whole skill before this changes.

I love sphere, it needs to survive... But it also needs to get some proverbial ducks in a row.

Just my 2 cents.

Grts

[Image: Bannergateway.png]
04-24-2014 07:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Praxea
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

RE: Personal Opinions why Sphere > RunUO
Hi, it's been years since I've tried sphere. but this was a far more constructive comparison thread than what I saw on the runuo forums. So I'm going to give it a shot again. good read.
11-15-2014 03:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply