Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
People asking for sphere
Mrmills
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

RE: People asking for sphere
SOME ONE DO SOME THING :DDDDDD please... people want a good reliable shard. fizzle pvp. sooooo many people will join...
07-11-2015 01:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mrmills's post
MoreFizzle
Apprentice

Likes Given: 1

People of this great thread, I made an account just so I could add to the tally of those in favor of a UO:R fizzle PVP style shard. I played Santiago and Mythik what feels like a very long time ago now. How long has it been since Santiago has been gone? 10 years or something? Anyway, as I sit here with UO:R finished in my downloads, after just having a nostalgia fueled discussion entailing me explain what was the greatness of sphere and fizzle-based PVP, I'm now looking for the fix. Clearly Mrmills shares the same enthusiasm, as do many on reddit, which is what brought me here indirectly(I read the post on /r/ultimaonline about sphere shards a few minutes before I ended up here seeing if there was a section of these forums dedicated to UO still). This game is so clutch, seriously, and no joke, if a shard existed like Santiago/Mythik, a lot of people would come/come back. I could think of several people who would play just because its pure nostalgia. A lot of people I knew personally left after Santiago went down because they loved the community and the setup so much that nothing else compared. I could go on and on, but the point is we want fizzle PVP.

TL;DR: We want fizzle PVP.
07-29-2015 04:21 PM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

Hi all,

I've been running UO servers for a long time, namely Burstfire UO (as lil_eddie) and The UO Project (as Charm). I am now working on a serious and updated server, I've been working on it for 1 week, so still in the planning phase of what to offer.

I never played on Santiago, but if you let me know the key things that made it so popular I could integrate them into the scripts I have. The most similar server to TUP/BFUO was Coldfire, when that went to pot a lot of their players came to TUP.

BFUO and TUP have always been Fizzle pvp, I know no other type of PvP (i do but i choose to ignore it). If you look on youtube you'll find some pvp event videos of both servers.

The scripts date back to 2001, obvioucly updated and refined over the years, but im giving them all a big overhaul and adding in things that people actually want, not what 10 players cry about because they suck at something.

It will also be a mature server, and a lot of web-driven features (my area of expertise).

Dont expect a launch within the next few months, it will be a little longer, but the more people helping to build the servers features the better. I am writing up a features list on the forums, which is open for discussion.

http://www.ultima.one

It IS planned as a T2A server, but we may launch as UO:R and add T2A should we need more space, I can't decide yet

Register on the website - not the forum (you shouldnt be able to anyway) - it will create a forum account and queue you up for a game account when we go live Smile

(let me know if you get any problems, the forums only went up a few days ago and im still tweaking them)

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2015 06:27 PM by Ultima One.)
07-29-2015 06:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dagger4k
Journeyman

FYI

Burstfire - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsaL23rq-T0

Coldfire - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOCnWDtVpFU

My main problem was the EU based shards =[ too much lag for me.
07-29-2015 07:45 PM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Ultima One

The UO Projects YT channel with videos - this would be the latest videos we had. https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUOProject

Same reason I didnt play US or Brazil servers, its like that generally. UK based ones were particularly bad as you have to go through germany/netherlands to get to london, extra hops. The server we will use is based in Paris, which should hopefully be a few hops closer to friends over the sea (also 1gbps). But we'll have to see Smile

ULTIMA ONE
07-29-2015 07:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Criminal
Journeyman

Likes Given: 38

SantiagoUO.com

(07-29-2015 07:45 PM)dagger4k Wrote:  FYI

We can run santiago in usa ..

[Image: mfqAZnj.png]
Discord: SantiagoUO
07-31-2015 06:10 AM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Ultima One

Like I say, if you let me know what Santiago had that you liked, I would be willing to integrate some of it. Ultima One is about creating a desirable server for everyone, we're all older now, not 16 any more, its about time someone created a serious place that accomodates all.
Like RunUO has UOForever, they've done a very good job, and from what I can tell, are by far the biggest server out there if you exclude the Russian servers. UO Excelsior being the next, but I dont know much about them, its a very not-in-your-face website and not inviting, but they seem to keep busy. Just need a Sphere based server to show those RunUO lot what real PvP is Wink

ULTIMA ONE
07-31-2015 08:19 PM
johnus
Apprentice

(07-31-2015 06:10 AM)Criminal Wrote:  
(07-29-2015 07:45 PM)dagger4k Wrote:  FYI

We can run santiago in usa ..

some one do it!
08-04-2015 12:45 PM
Criminal
Journeyman

Likes Given: 38

SantiagoUO.com

I check few servers in USA but from EU getting like 200ms..

[Image: mfqAZnj.png]
Discord: SantiagoUO
08-05-2015 02:56 AM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Ultima One

Criminal and johnus, can you ping ultima.one
let me know the response Smile

ULTIMA ONE
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2015 06:49 PM by Ultima One.)
08-05-2015 06:48 PM