Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
@OnClick name 'old school' look.
Murmur
Apprentice

Likes Given: 3

@OnClick name 'old school' look.
Been working on my server a lot lately, and this has been bothering the crap out of me.

I need to figure out how to make my character names (such as when you click on the actual character and it displays the name and guild title) to look old school, so Ill post what I want it to look like, and what it currently looks like (I'm using a clean install of UOML):

This is how it looks to me right now

and this is how I want it to look like:

Old school look

I thought it was the Transserv, but I deleted it and it didnt go away.

Lso, Im thinking its not the client, because I play on a Sphere Server with client 6.0.0.0 and it doesnt look like the first picture. Im currently using the UOML 4.0.11c

Thanks to anyone that knows how I can get the old school back.

Thanks,
-Murmur

*you glance to your left to a region you just surveyed... you glimpse a magical being, more shadow than substance, caught midway in transformation... the figure smiles, the corners of his mouth jut upwards slightly on the edges, suddenly stretched to a length not at all human...*
05-08-2017 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: @OnClick name 'old school' look.
The color of the guild is handled in the sphere.ini i think, the chaos/order i don't remember
05-08-2017 04:58 PM
Murmur
Apprentice

Likes Given: 3

Thanks for the reply darksun84.

Perhaps I did not explain it properly. I created a new comparison picture for you:

http://imgur.com/a/LwrGo
[Image: Eihmuxh]

I know its not the client, because I've tried client 6.0.0.0, 4.0.11c and 2.0.3 all on different servers and they all look 'right', just not when I connect to my personal local server.

I've gone through sphere.ini multiple times trying to figure it out, I'm thinking its not in there, unless its tied to AOS settings or something.

Wow... I figured something out my own, FINALLY!! LOL =P

Ok, its in sphere_msgs.scp, the option is called MSG_DEF_UNICODE, make it a 0 and WOOOOHOOOO Oldschool look... Thanks as always for the help though darksun84!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

*you glance to your left to a region you just surveyed... you glimpse a magical being, more shadow than substance, caught midway in transformation... the figure smiles, the corners of his mouth jut upwards slightly on the edges, suddenly stretched to a length not at all human...*
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2017 03:28 PM by Murmur.)
05-09-2017 02:49 PM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

lol honestly both names are the same thing for me Lol

but anyway, yep, this is unicode text. You can toggle unicode on/off on sphere_msgs.scp
05-17-2017 01:29 PM