Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ORDER/CHAOS factions war
kn4tseb
Master

Likes Given: 45

ORDER/CHAOS factions war
Hey fellas, i would like to know if anyone has this script for share, im looking for a 0.56b/c order/chaos faction war system. if anyone has it would be awesome if can be share it with me/us.

Thank you very much.
08-01-2014 04:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Skul
Master

Likes Given: 0

RE: ORDER/CHAOS factions war
Not really a script post here but why not encourage the chaos/order alignment on your server? There already is built-in compatbility for guild alignment.

"I ask a question to the answer I already know."

Marchadium :: http://www.marchadium.ca/ :: Join us!
08-01-2014 05:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
kn4tseb
Master

well... i might take a look to the buiilt-in guild system and maybe script it by my self.. but would be easier to have an already scripted one and then modify it... ill see what i can do. thanks Smile
08-01-2014 06:00 AM
kn4tseb
Master

Okey, ive been reading the "stones" scripts and this may be a really noob question, but this is the first time im trying on this and i would really like some help.

im implementing the SCP stones system but i am not so sure about how it works; but maybe i should start from the beggining when a player logs in...
by default (i guess) you get this steps when you chose the race of your character, the name, how it's gonna look like, skills/stats and then you choose a city where u are teleported...

now, is it possible to change this process a bit, i would like to all players be sent to a specific place (dunno which trigger to use) after this process is done, then this room might have some teleports or something where the player can specify a little better which race or class to choose in case more of them are added, is there any already mapped room i can use for? or i will have to map a new one...
later on i will ask for the guilds/allignments/factions system or proccess. for now would be very helpfull if you can guideme a bit with this first questions.

Thank you very much.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 08:21 AM by kn4tseb.)
08-01-2014 08:20 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

To send the players to a specific location you must open \maps\sphere_map_points0.scp and edit there the [STARTS ] section, you can have one place or a lot ... its up to you.

You have the rooms the maps already have, you can take a look with Axis, UOFiddler, etc, and search there... if none fits with what you want then, yes, you'll have to create a new one.

I don't know what does the SCP's script have that the default one doesnt ... but mixing them may give you some headaches.
08-01-2014 03:54 PM
kn4tseb
Master

hehe Okey XuN, that would help me alot! ^^.
Thank you!

what do you mean with the default one? i have the Stones folder, ive been reading the scripts, so what i basicaly want to know is how do i add it?, i have "stones folder/files" uncommented in spheretables, so they are read, but i dont understand if i have to add some kind of event to players?

ive noticed this one, but didnt work for me....

[EVENTS e_GuildGenericEvent]
ON=@UserGuildButton
src.groster
return 1

would you please guide me a bit, of how to implement it?
thanks.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2014 04:41 AM by kn4tseb.)
08-02-2014 03:28 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

I'm not sure of what do you want but you can find there options to enable order and chaos.

Add i_town_stone ingame and dclick it, some things must be changed if you want it fully converted to 'faction'
In stone/town/sphere_town_dlg_*.scp you can change the 'town' word for 'faction', you must modify all dialog files.
In stone/sphere_genericstone_config.scp you have to change town to faction too...

Summarizing: you have to change every word inside these files from TOWN to FACTION. I don't know if you want more than that ... but this files allow you to.
08-02-2014 04:01 PM
kn4tseb
Master

ill check that out!, thanks XuN, now i have some idea where to start Smile
08-03-2014 03:42 AM