Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nightlies and not needing dirty workarounds.
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

Nightlies and not needing dirty workarounds.
There is nothing wrong with using the Nightlie's. If you are that worried about the integrity, as I stated in another post; load them up in a clean folder and test them with your scripts before using them for your server. 99% of the time there is nothing wrong with the nightlies.

It is a lot harder for ME and the OTHERS to help with older builds that we no longer have access to that older code or your limitations; much less what was in a pre-release before any current ones.

Nightlies are way more up to date and provide WAY MORE functionality than the pre-releases. I repeat they are better than any pre-release. Don't be scared to use them. Just make a TEST folder for the nightlies if you are that worried. Just to ensure compatibility with your servers.

I would also like to point out, dirty workarounds to the code are not endorsed by myself and a few other developers. You can just about soft code with your scripts almost the entire hard coded engine and its functionality and change anything you like. You just have to know how. I don't think I have had to use a dirty workaround since 55I/55R days. The code as up to date as it is can just about do anything. The more the team and I get done; the more you all will have.

XuN and many other dev's know I maintain a post in our own forums with things to do. I am updating this list tomorrow as we have done a good bit and I have more to add. EC is on this list, smooth sailing, handling the new packets. You all know a good bit of it. We are more organized than it appears. Mind you, our projects are not small in the slightest. As Feeh and others have pointed out C++ is highly intensive and powerful code. This also means we have a lot more to maintain than RunUO and others.

If there is really something legitimate that needs to be added we can work on it. There is no need for a dirty workaround. Anytime I see something asked for that I know can be done; I will try and post how to do it. I am not going to script your entire servers though.

If Pyro and I could redo the entire soft code for Sphere without dirty workarounds, so can everyone else.
12-07-2013 05:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Khaos's post