New Game - Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar
JeBu
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

New Game - Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar
Have you guys heard about new game called:
Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar
http://ultimaforever.com/

"The official Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar press release has arrived. It will be a PC and iPad game, and be released later this year.
Ultima Forever will have "fully integrated" cross-platform play, and "rich and deep" RPG elements.
BioWare Mythic is developing the game. This must be the project Warhammer Online orator Paul Barnett is leading.
"There's a fundamental shift underway in how gamers play and pay for games..." commented BioWare co-founder, and BioWare label general manager, Ray Muzyka.
"With Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar, we're excited to give gamers the opportunity to play a high quality game with their friends anytime, anywhere, on both iPad and PC."
Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar will be free-to-play."

PS. I think we need separate areas for Sphere and UO or maybe UO area could be just Off Topic
09-19-2012 10:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: New Game - Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar
I just think they want to squeeze the ultima's brand a little more, even if i signed for the beta.

My opinion is that currents EA's Mmorpg are pay-to-play, and my opinion is that they want to try the "free to play style", i'll not be surprised if they will implement a market-store for the game !

Plus, I don't even trust much mythic, especially paul barnett, he created a looooooot of hype about warhammer online, and the game was totally a crap when released( my 2nd worst 60euro previous diablo 3 Big Grin)
09-19-2012 11:37 PM
JeBu
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

RE: New Game - Ultima Forever: Quest for the Avatar
Yes I dont know eather what to think about that game. But i'm pretty sure they gonna have some features what can be bought with real money for example money/items/exp just like many iPad games. Maybe game developers have noticed that it's even better way to earn money. Get huge player base and addicted users will pay more.

Also found this article about this game and in the end of the article was said following:
"Ultima Online figurehead Richard Garriott won't be a part of this project. He's busy at his new company Portalarium making his own spiritual successor to Ultima Online, tentatively called Ultimate RPG / New Britannia."
Tho I read like 6 months ago that Richard Garriot was talking about cross platform UO, so kinda funny that now EA/Mythic is developing such feature.
Tho kinda sad because I had like 2 years ago this idea. If i could develope my own UO kind of game, I would add features for smartphones/tablets/facebook that you can access game with different ways.

So there might be coming 2 new games? Shock
09-19-2012 11:45 PM