NPC's Casting Necro Spells
Lazarus
Master

Likes Given: 11

Hybris Ultima Online

NPC's Casting Necro Spells
Hi! I have a little problem.

My Liches, and liches Lord don't cast more hallu and fire_bolt

and when I set a new NPC with spellbook and s_fire_bolt doesn't too...

Maybe this is because that:
// FEATURE_AOS_UPDATE_B 02 // Tooltip, Fightbook, Necro/paladin on creation, Single/Six char selection screen, Skills, Newer spellbook support

I had desactivated this because i don't wanna see the new spellbooks in my paperdoll.

Any ideas = )?

[Image: 2hy9q0y.png]
09-17-2012 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Skul
Master

Likes Given: 0

RE: NPC's Casting Necro Spells
I have that feature disabled too and my liches cast s_hallucination. Look in sphere_spells.scp and look at [spell 70], see if there is anything different for that spell. If not, maybe your liche has a spellbook in it's backpack? If so, try removing it and adding an event with @spellselect to your liche as a means to manage which spells it can and can not cast. Unfortunately spells over circle 8 can not be casted from a spellbook, so if a spellbook is in the monster's backpack it will not try to cast anything over spell #64 (and firebolt and hallucination are both over spell #64). You CAN add a necromancer book with spells in it to allow any npc to cast necromancer spells.

"I ask a question to the answer I already know."

Marchadium :: http://www.marchadium.ca/ :: Join us!
09-18-2012 05:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lazarus
Master

Likes Given: 11

Hybris Ultima Online

(09-18-2012 05:17 AM)Skul Wrote:  I have that feature disabled too and my liches cast s_hallucination. Look in sphere_spells.scp and look at [spell 70], see if there is anything different for that spell. If not, maybe your liche has a spellbook in it's backpack? If so, try removing it and adding an event with @spellselect to your liche as a means to manage which spells it can and can not cast. Unfortunately spells over circle 8 can not be casted from a spellbook, so if a spellbook is in the monster's backpack it will not try to cast anything over spell #64 (and firebolt and hallucination are both over spell #64). You CAN add a necromancer book with spells in it to allow any npc to cast necromancer spells.

I had do this
ITEMNEWBIE=i_spellbook_necromancy
ADDSPELL=s_fire_bolt

and doesn't work...

How can I set the spellselect?

on=@spellselect
doswitch
argn1
argn1
argn1
argn1
?

I had do that in SPELLCAST
Code:
on=@spellcast
doswitch <R1,4>
argn1=51
argn1=38
argn1=51
argn1=69
enddo
sayu *<serv.spell.<argn1>.name>*
endif

[Thanks to darksun84 Shock]

[Image: 2hy9q0y.png]
09-18-2012 05:45 AM
Skul
Master

Likes Given: 0

That's not what I was trying to explain. What I meant was remove the spellbook entirely. s_fire_bolt is not a necromancy spell, so it will not be included inside any spellbook. Use @spellselect to control which spell the monster casts. Example:
Code:
on=@spellselect
if !(<serv.spell.<argn1>.defname>==s_fire_bolt)
  return 1
endif

"I ask a question to the answer I already know."

Marchadium :: http://www.marchadium.ca/ :: Join us!
09-19-2012 06:24 AM