Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maximum gold
Dullais
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

RE: Maximum gold
(05-30-2013 02:55 AM)Mordaunt Wrote:  No... not in one pile.. I mean at all!

Also.. who else thinks Ben just mashed the number pad there for a random number? Tongue

why it is so wrong ?
05-30-2013 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 26

If your players are able to amass the maximum gold possible, and your stuff in game is so expensive to compensate, it pretty much means that your shard's economy is screwed. Look at Zimbabwe, same crap there, everyone is a millionaire yet they can't afford food.

[Image: 2nis46r.jpg]
05-31-2013 12:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Dullais
Journeyman

(05-31-2013 12:50 AM)Mordaunt Wrote:  If your players are able to amass the maximum gold possible, and your stuff in game is so expensive to compensate, it pretty much means that your shard's economy is screwed. Look at Zimbabwe, same crap there, everyone is a millionaire yet they can't afford food.

They can't, and i dont think someone is going to be able to reach the roof, but i have been wrong in past, i can be wrong now. so i just wonder, is it posable...
Mby someone someday will....
05-31-2013 02:06 AM
Rattlehead
Master

Likes Given: 3

its sphere, u can change the currency easily, make gold mere pennies, the npc's can be scripted to except anything as currency really, instead of giving them all of it and hoping the roof wont be penetrated, you should actually make the max unreachable, then you wont have that worry.

use items as gold bars, or something similar, make them worth 100k gold, u take 2 items for 1 item (assuming they are in 2 piles) and now u have 1 gold bar, if ur players reach max gold bars, well. . . . may as well just make everything free and have no currency

[Image: matts_siggy.gif]
05-31-2013 11:24 AM
Alaric
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

(05-30-2013 06:57 AM)amonvangrell Wrote:  i must say in Dullais defense that i like to use old amount of gold in the monsters. for example the drake drop 10-15k and the dragon 30-40k... but i really don't think that its possible to stock that much... ;]
Isn't it the same as 500gp drake and 1000gp dragon? Smile I don't think it's necessary to have such high numbers.

Btw. if you have a problem with amount of gold, you can create a system of bronze(copper), silver, gold, (platinum) coins Smile
05-31-2013 04:25 PM
Rattlehead
Master

Likes Given: 3

(05-31-2013 04:25 PM)Alaric Wrote:  Btw. if you have a problem with amount of gold, you can create a system of bronze(copper), silver, gold, (platinum) coins Smile

same thing i said above actually. . . .

[Image: matts_siggy.gif]
06-01-2013 06:55 PM
Dullais
Journeyman

(05-31-2013 11:24 AM)Rattlehead Wrote:  its sphere, u can change the currency easily, make gold mere pennies, the npc's can be scripted to except anything as currency really, instead of giving them all of it and hoping the roof wont be penetrated, you should actually make the max unreachable, then you wont have that worry.

use items as gold bars, or something similar, make them worth 100k gold, u take 2 items for 1 item (assuming they are in 2 piles) and now u have 1 gold bar, if ur players reach max gold bars, well. . . . may as well just make everything free and have no currency

That i the thing, iam thinking of sosmething like that.... that's the reason i asked.
06-04-2013 01:46 AM