Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a good tool for static changes.
Jonaleth
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

a good tool for static changes.
I have problems with axis static tool, perhaps you guys have something that cuold help me editing the static object on the map.
05-09-2012 07:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
admin phoenix
Master

Likes Given: 1

RE: a good tool for static changes.
cendtred or mulpatcher
best tool ever
05-09-2012 03:56 PM
Gyros
Apprentice

Multool or Centred
Smile
05-09-2012 05:43 PM
Jonaleth
Apprentice

None of these will work for me, error messages appear and application shutdowns.
Multool wont even start, mulpatcher works until I am loading my worldfile into it, then it crashes. Centred server shuts down right after I've given all.

It might be me giving wrong data on the map size, I am not sure how big the map is with all expansions up to ML. or could it be win 7 64bit? that causes problems?
05-09-2012 09:19 PM
Gyros
Apprentice

I am using win7-64bit. I am using multool successfully.
You can look this web site.(but turkish language, take a look at the pictures )
http://source.uo-developer.com/index.php...uo-centred
05-09-2012 09:28 PM
Jonaleth
Apprentice

I get the error; Invalid data. Check the map size and the files.
I've set the mapsize to; 896x512 (but I am not sure if that is the correct size) is there a way to findout how big the map is?
or to check if there's something wrong with my files.
05-09-2012 09:57 PM
admin phoenix
Master

you got an bitmap file from it?
if yes, open it and check the size.
if not, open the map with uofiddler and make an bitmap file from it.
I also got this error long time ago.
I make a bitmap file with uofiddler (as I said), but this in an new bitmap with a new size I needed, draw the new map and created it with dragon
05-09-2012 10:03 PM
Jonaleth
Apprentice

Ok I am not quite sure what i am doing here, but I've created a bitmap out of my map.
And when I look at the file size it says; 6144x4096 Which just cannot be size it is looking for. I did some research and found that i should devide that numer with 8 which gives me a more reasonable number (768x512) but still doesn't work. During my search I found someone mention that the static files must not be edited somehow, but in mycase they are... and if I only can open pure OSI staticfiles with this program than I have to keep working with axis static tool. Because I've done a great amount of work already, for some reason I just can turn these sandstone floor into static with axis static tool, but all other parts have worked quite alright.
... Also I've tried worldforge which I use alot when editing the map. But i just can't figure out how to convert my sphere .scp file to a .wsc and from there try to just freeze item from my items.wsc into my static files.

an example of my items.wsc file:

[WI i_paver_sandstone]
SERIAL=04000a07b
ATTR=010
TYPE=255
P=1815,2495

(lots of different i_paver_sandstone's)

But even there no items are freezed into the static files. I guess I am too dumb for this. :/
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2012 02:24 AM by Jonaleth.)
05-10-2012 02:17 AM
admin phoenix
Master

great a new map file with also a new static file. clear the statics and copy your static in the new static and you can also copy pats of your map file to the new map file.
maybe in the download section is the tool worldcopy (uowc) and radmapcopy.
if not, I can upload the tools
05-10-2012 06:12 AM
Jonaleth
Apprentice

Is there no program like axis static tool. I really like that program because it works pefectly of how I am working with it.

I am using the orginial UO map, but changing and adding to/removing from it, and I want to be able to edit as many times I like. For example, in my server I have many different races with different starting locations, and I am editing these starting location to fit that race... And through time I release new updates that introduces new races, and new changes to the world. Perhaps Britain is completley in ruins then I need to be able to edit that in an already edited file. I do most changes to static0 and stadidx0 files, and changes that i do to the map files are minimal, but there are a few...

Now, I guess these programs you listed above will let me do these changes, if not I still got axis static tool to work with because it have worked perfectly until now... for some reason I just wont freeze all objects, even if I tag them all.

... I've managed to freeze these sandstone pavers with axis statictool which was excellent, but now it wont freeze other items, I just can't figure it out what makes some of the items freezable, and others not. For example;

I managed to freeze 2 parts of a sandstone table, 3 cutlasses and one decorative shield, but it didn't freeze 2 nosehelms, 2 custom made weapons (manchettes), 2 two decroative shields with swords nor some water textures and sand pavers... But however i managed to freeze the water textures after I've added some other items... which made me scratch my hair a bit, it just doesn't make any sence to me...

Sorry for writing a lot this time, but if anyone you are familiar with axis static tool that have an answer to my concern please help! Smile
If any of the listed items above can fufill my desire in editing my world without having to work around orginial files, then I'd be happy to learn how to... and one last question, is there a static tool in axis2 ? I just cannot find one! Sad
05-10-2012 11:38 PM