Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sphere Relevant Videos
infinitynotpi
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Sphere Relevant Videos
Here I am sharing some inspirational videos that I have come across recently, and are relevant to either Sphere implementation or world building:

This first video is an MIT Lecture, I believe the first 5 minutes of the video (where the professor shows the charts) are important considerations when considering the process of installing Sphere onto a box. It would be extremely beneficial to the community if there were additional options for downloading Sphere. A link to download a Windows 64 bit Sphere (with AMD processor) and a Linux 64 bit Sphere (with AMD processor) (x86_64) would increase the overall performance of Sphere for people with these boxes.

MIT Multicore Programming

This second video is a Yale Lecture, the first 15 minutes or so being the most practical information in terms of UO and Sphere. This video serves somewhat as the basis for my argument in support of developing a shard where only an elected mayor to be able to develop the magery skill. The possibility of changing other skills to names such as Witchcraft with necro regs, and town elected Apothecaries with the healing/alchemy skill can be easily imagined. The "town mage" responsibility to protect the people from the "witches", for example. This framework can easily be tailored to suit your imagination (dark/light town faction system, etc.).

Yale Lecture on Witchcraft and Magic

This thread is open to all comments, critical and supportive!
09-20-2012 08:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: Sphere Relevant Videos
The town mage/witches idea is very nice Big Grin
09-22-2012 12:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Skul
Master

Likes Given: 0

RE: Sphere Relevant Videos
I like to idea of electing a 'Mayor' for lead roles. Makes development more organized.

"I ask a question to the answer I already know."

Marchadium :: http://www.marchadium.ca/ :: Join us!
09-22-2012 12:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply