Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it worth open a new server in these days?
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

Is it worth open a new server in these days?
UO is gone on my country, unfortunately it got full os lammer players using change-speed, illegal auto-PvP macros, injection exploits, players hijacking/stealing accounts/items, etc. And after they got jailed/banned, they simply pay real money to DDoS your server for 24h/day until it die (yes, they pay real money just to ruin your server). And this had ruined ALL servers here on brazil, no matter the server size. People will ruin the server no matter if it have only 2 or more than 200 players online

there's only 2~3 servers left with 10~50 players online, which probably they also don't have too much time left until these players decide to ruin them too

so for the first time, I'm thinking about open an new international server on USA instead on my country. I'm not sure about how UO is going on the international scenario, but probably anything will be better compared to how UO is going here on brazil

my goal is focus on high quality engines/scripts, running latest 56d (which is also fast/optimized/stable) based on T2A age (felucca facet only, old T2A combat/pvp style, no tooltips feature, no rare artifacts, etc) on an powerful hosting with fast ping/route to US

does it worth open an international server like this? It will have enough players/donations to keep the server online?
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2016 03:22 PM by Coruja.)
12-17-2016 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Coruja's post
x77x
Master

Likes Given: 0

RE: Is it worth open a new server in these days?
uo is dead, and the servers that have lots of people are exploiting uo for profit...

"it's not a game, its a business"

"we make it hard on purpose, so people will pay to get items they want"

Dragons of Time 2000-2020
http://dragonsoftime.com
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2016 08:05 AM by x77x.)
12-18-2016 08:04 AM
[+] 1 user Likes x77x's post
amonvangrell
Banned

Likes Given: 17

britannia shard

sad...
12-18-2016 08:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes amonvangrell's post
Lightsource
Apprentice

Likes Given: 2

Well, the way I see DDoS attacks are a problem in every game and internet based system these days...Not only UO, but Counter Strike, Minecraft, Tibia, etc. The other issues you pointed out could be managed in the source code or in a less efficient manner via scripts, but again, managed, not solved completely easily.
I was looking at League of Legends system...They also have a client and all, the thing is that their firewall refuses ALL connections, the only way your IP address will be allowed is when you Login via Encrypted client and then the system inserts your IP into a whitelist, once you close the client or stay idle and logoff automatically, then you go back to the ALL IP is Blacklisted thing. Maybe that could a workaround?
01-27-2017 10:59 PM
Heeelp
Apprentice

Likes Given: 7

(12-17-2016 03:15 PM)Coruja Wrote:  UO is gone on my country, unfortunately it got full os lammer players using change-speed, illegal auto-PvP macros, injection exploits, players hijacking/stealing accounts/items, etc. And after they got jailed/banned, they simply pay real money to DDoS your server for 24h/day until it die (yes, they pay real money just to ruin your server). And this had ruined ALL servers here on brazil, no matter the server size. People will ruin the server no matter if it have only 2 or more than 200 players online

there's only 2~3 servers left with 10~50 players online, which probably they also don't have too much time left until these players decide to ruin them too

so for the first time, I'm thinking about open an new international server on USA instead on my country. I'm not sure about how UO is going on the international scenario, but probably anything will be better compared to how UO is going here on brazil

my goal is focus on high quality engines/scripts, running latest 56d (which is also fast/optimized/stable) based on T2A age (felucca facet only, old T2A combat/pvp style, no tooltips feature, no rare artifacts, etc) on an powerful hosting with fast ping/route to US

does it worth open an international server like this? It will have enough players/donations to keep the server online?

Wow, thats so f*** immature, ddosing because they got caught cheating oh well, kids everywhere.

Do they ruinned a server with more than 50 players?

There are plenty of T2A servers out there, i dont think it worth to be honest.

You will spend lot of hours to get 10-20 players online if thats even possible nowadays.

What people miss is international sphere servers.

Why dont you go for a sphere international server? los pvp/ coldfire/ mythik clone

Anyway suck what happened to Br' Uo servers Confused
09-23-2017 12:55 AM