Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Injection - morph 0x044d issue [0.56b]
Russian
Journeyman

Likes Given: 4

Injection - morph 0x044d issue [0.56b]
Hello.

My sphere server version 0.56.3.2807 (~2014 year, 56b).

I have a bug on server with Injection function: "morph 0x044d"

With this command players without plevel, can walk/rise on cubes with height 5.
Screenshots attached.

Without injection function morph, it is impossible.
How to fix it?

[Image: 34881885132844068016.png]

[Image: 31029982847809767479.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 02:31 AM by Russian.)
07-19-2017 02:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
escribano
Journeyman

Likes Given: 16

Dragon Shard

RE: Injection - morph 0x044d issue [0.56b]
The is no way to fix it Smile (at least I dunno, I've tried to do this directly at sphere script with no success)

The only way is blocking the fucking injection (as I call: cancer)

I'm working with Feeh (BR Sphere Dev) at a DLL to add extra packets to UO to tell the server if the player is using some change speed and what the player assistant (and version).
We're also planning to add some mul files MD5 transmission to the server to ensure client have the game updated and not using custom muls Wink

Injection was made by buggers to ignores ALL client rules, all DELAYS... you can climb places, send walking packets to enter in houses, you can detect hidden players (and staffs).... and also dupe items :/

We'll be opening this code for any server that requests for us and proves it's shard authority.

UltimaPHP - OpenSource Ultima Online Server v0.1-pre-alpha under development, we need help!
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2017 02:55 AM by escribano.)
07-19-2017 02:45 AM
[+] 1 user Likes escribano's post
Russian
Journeyman

> I'm also planning to add some mul files MD5 transmission to the server to ensure client have the game updated to ensure they are not using custom muls Wink
That is no need it for me. Because sphere server version 0.56.3.2807 (~2014 year, 56b) read .mul files (map, statics) and if player have not simillar .mul files, that is not help him to cross map, statics walls etc.

Injection that is cancer if Sphere shards, but it is need for old PvP players who use it.
In Russia so much players using Injection. Block of Injection - that is way for loose big online.

-----------------
Okay. May be is it possible to get information in Sphere log, when player step on specific statics tile and changed his Z coordinate +-5 ?
07-19-2017 03:25 AM
escribano
Journeyman

Dragon Shard

That's exactly why players use injection to PVP... its made for ignoring delays, rules, fps patch (which allows players to fire bows or cast spells from impossible positions) It's all unfair to players :/

Maybe you can re-write the walking packet to filter Z position from the start point to destination.... But since players can walk to a higher 5 z position (like a stair for example) there are no much things you can do to detect this behavior....
Maybe you can detect if player typed the command... but I don't think so since injection doesn't send the "ASCII speech packet" to the server it runs 100% internally in injection... and just send the walk request packet.

I highly recommend to everyone to block and tries to kill this injection from Ultima Online... players can take down the server with 5x lines of macro :/ it sucks.... but... I understand you opinion about the players leaving the server.

I've posted today a script to detect Z position from objects/mobiles in the world using the sphere core rules of Z position and working with land and statics items.... i don't know if it helps you :/

UltimaPHP - OpenSource Ultima Online Server v0.1-pre-alpha under development, we need help!
07-19-2017 03:52 AM
Russian
Journeyman

> I've posted today a script to detect Z position from objects/mobiles in the world using the sphere core rules of Z position and working with land and statics items.... i don't know if it helps you :/
It will be interesting to seen it.
07-19-2017 04:23 AM
escribano
Journeyman

Dragon Shard

Enjoy Smile

If found any bugs or make any changes, feel free to ask me to update the post Smile

https://forum.spherecommunity.net/Thread...Z-position

07-19-2017 04:24 AM