Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flying Effect Problem
Nachtmusique
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Flying Effect Problem
Just noticed that none of the spells that would fire a projectile are working correctly for me and the npc keeps throwing a door at me when it should be a projectile spell of some sort. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue? It may not be a bug, it may just be something on my end. However, I upgraded to the nightly yesterday so I want to make sure it isn't a bug.

edit: I'm using the SCP (from a while back, not really sure how old it is). I added the fx bold flag to the spell and gave it the proper fx ID and it looks right now, but it still isn't dealing any damage. I copied the fireball from the newest official scripts and its the same. Looks right, deals no damage.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 07:31 PM by Nachtmusique.)
03-06-2015 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Nachtmusique
Journeyman

RE: Flying Effect Problem
Updating all of the scripted to the newest official pack fixed it. This can be pretty messy. Does anyone have a good way of maintaining the SCP scripts and the newest official changes? I like the stuff that has been done in the SCP, but if sphere won't run properly with them when it updates, then I can't use it.
03-07-2015 12:17 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

There's no easy/fast way to do it as SCP was discontinued some time ago, however in this case you may have luck only copying the code of SCP's spells to the base script pack's one.
03-08-2015 12:43 AM
Nachtmusique
Journeyman

Ok, I didn't realize the discontinuation. In that case, I'll just stick with the official stuff and cherry pick from SCP as needed. Thanks a bunch!
03-08-2015 01:52 PM