Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Custom stat system
Nachtmusique
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Custom stat system
I've always done my own scripting and only ever asked for help rather than requesting complete scripts. However, I've come to the conclusion that I have neither the time nor the skill to script the systems I want anymore. So I've decided, with some embarrassment, to submit my first real script request. With some trial and error, I could script this myself, but I know there are many of you who could do it much faster and with better methods than what I would come up with.

I want to add some custom stats. Most of them will just be renaming existing variables:

FORTITUDE - replaces HITS/HITPOINTS
CONSTITUTION - replaces MAXHITS
ENDURANCE - replaces MAXSTAM

VIGOR - a new stat to represent STAM regeneration. At 0 STAM does not regenerate at all. At 100 STAM regenerates at 1 point per second.

RECOVERY - a new stat to represent HIT regeneration. It would work the same as VIGOR, but for HIT points.

I don't need to add any MANA stats, because I'll be handling mana and magery through skills instead.

I would like to cap these stats individually at 100 and a statsum cap of 600 which would be enforced on the following 8 stats:

STR
DEX
INT
FORT
CON
END
VIG
REC

I do not need a stat gain system, I just need checks to make sure the caps are maintained.

Lastly, I want one new stat called VITALITY. This represents the character's "youthfulness." I need this stat to start at 100 and decay passively at a rate of 1 point per week. As VITALITY decays, the STATSUM cap should also fall. (So for each 1 point of VITALITY, you would lose 6 points from your STATSUM cap.) In this way, characters will age and their stats will begin to decay as they grow older. This is for an extended campaign in which players are searching for immortality or a "fountain of youth", so VITALITY is intended to put a time limit on their quest.

Thank you for your consideration. I feel kind of guilty asking the community to do my work for me, but I don't have a team to work with so all the shard duties fall to me alone. Now that I have a family and work, I just don't think I can do it anymore. I don't want to give up, so that's why I'm asking. Thanks again!

Jason
07-25-2015 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply