Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Boat System?
Apocalypse
Journeyman

Likes Given: 10

Boat System?
Hey guys was just messing around with my shard and wanted to see how the boat system worked for the HS expansion. I cant seem to get on my ships though.. i tried everything. GM on/GM off, clicking on the ropes, mast and all things clickable and not clickable so i warped into the water and the boat started taking my commands but i still couldnt get on. So i decided to try some of the older ships with the tiller man and such. worked ok but i cant seem to dry dock the ship. I click on him and he just tells me to stop doing that LOL even tried using the key in my pack on him but it just allowed me to rename my boat.... Is this system working for any of you guys using sphere? new ships and old? Also while im asking the questions, is there a, "build your own ship" script built into sphere scripts or is it something that needs to be built somehow?
(This post was last modified: 02-28-2016 02:39 PM by Apocalypse.)
02-28-2016 02:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

RE: Boat System?
You are going to need a dry dock script. There is one in the script submissions last I checked. Don't believe that is internal for sphere, as it might not be what a shard owner wants.

Not sure why you cannot get on the boat. Haven't played with the new boats much. Isn't there a door on them like the old ones? When I tested, I just teleported on without thinking to check. Maybe others know more.

Smooth sailing I think you need a ship wheel. Not sure if base packs have the new typedef on them to control them yet.
02-28-2016 03:56 PM
Apocalypse
Journeyman

ah ok so it probably needs a script for it.. makes sense. yeah i dropped the Orc Ship and the Britannian ship just to check them out. Couldnt find a door anywhere on it. The Britanian ship never even spawned a key in my pack so it was tough getting anything done with that one. The orc ship had a captains wheel but it said i didnt know how to use it haha. Every time i try to teleport onto them, i end up half way inside the deck.. never works for me.. Im sure we will figure something out. I was just seeing if anyone had any trouble with it at all.
02-28-2016 07:04 PM
Khaos
Master

Maybe another user might be able to help. Maybe later today I can try to see what is going on with it all. Last I checked, they had everything working with them. Check the files and see if there is a new rope or something for ships. Smile Might be something in the scripts for this already. Not at any custom functionality with ships yet in the base packs to help you out. Smile Sincerely, I am sorry for any inconvenience this is causing you.
02-28-2016 08:27 PM
Apocalypse
Journeyman

ill look it over for sure. No inconvenience! I was just trying things out and was just wanted to ask if it was just me or not (because it usually is ;P) Thank you for your replies!
02-29-2016 06:27 AM
Khaos
Master

You are very welcome! Here to help you all out!!! <3
02-29-2016 06:58 AM