Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
*Blub* ? (Items got removed if players drop smt on floor)
serveradmin
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

*Blub* ? (Items got removed if players drop smt on floor)
As I said in the subject, the plevel 2 and higher can drop things on the ground without getting removed, but when a player drops something on the floor in the area I've created, there's a sysmessage comes saying *Blub* and item got removed instantly.

Is there a way to fix this?
(when I search with file seeker, there's nothing as *Blub* in the sphere documents and scripts, but if you open the Sphere.exe with a hex editor, you can see there's one *Blub*, so that's it, but how to fix it? Is this a source code thing?)

Best wishes
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2017 06:30 AM by serveradmin.)
09-14-2017 06:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

RE: *Blub* ? (Items got removed if players drop smt on floor)
this occur when you drop an item over water tiles. If an plevel 1 player drop an item on the ocean, this item will get stuck there forever because there's no way to an plevel 1 player walk over the water to pickup this item again, that's why sphere show this *blub* message and instantly remove the item when it got dropped over water tiles

I can't remember correctly but I think this *blub* behavior got removed on sphere 56d, now it just let the item decay using default decay timer instead remove the item instantly
09-21-2017 04:45 AM
serveradmin
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Dear Coruja,

First of all thank you for the reply. It's good to know that we can speak with developers of Sphere.
I made an area which is inside statics.mul and staidx.mul but I guess sphere still sees it as an ocean. I've muls folder inside my sphere where edited mul files are also located.
I understood what you've said, I use sphere 0.56b. May be I have to upgrade it to 56d..But I don't think it will change anything..
Will it be enough only to change the sphere.exe and sphere.ini without touching any of the other files.

Kind regards
09-22-2017 02:09 AM
Gon
Apprentice

Likes Given: 4

had the same problem with a custom room. fixed the static adding another layer of floor under the construction (-1 on Z value).
12-11-2017 04:47 AM