Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Armor, Parrying
WehTeheFf
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Armor, Parrying
Hi folks,

I really hope that I wasn't just too dumb to find the info, tried to search multiple times.

So here's the question:

I'm trying to switch our sphere server to the latest 0.56b nightly build (we're running a really old .56b version right now) and I saw that there have been changes to the armor/resistance system.
Right now our server uses the old (shitty) armor formula from like 15 years ago.
Have there been changes so it now works like on OSI? What is the exact armor formula now?

And what about the hardcode parrying? How has it been changed?

The changes may be over 5 years old, because we haven't changed the server version since like 2003-5 (don't know the exact year).

Does anyone know how armor + parrying was changed / how it is behaving now? I'll have to adjust all the armor values and maybe npc scripts so I'd like to know the details first :-)

Thanks for reading!
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 08:56 AM by WehTeheFf.)
04-12-2012 08:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: Armor, Parrying
If you need the osi formula , you can use the community script pack to implement it Big Grin

Otherwise,yearso ago , they add this for elemental resistances ( i think that physical damage remained unchanged) :

- MODIFIED: RESCOLD, RESENERGY, RESFIRE, RESPOISON now can also be set on NPC
Remember that RES*=100 will give you a 100 percent immunity against the damage inflicted
by TAG.*DAMAGE.
- Added: COMBAT_SPECIALDAMAGE to INI CombatFlags (08). If set, TAG.*DAMAGE (below) will be
used.
- Added: COMBAT_USE_RESISTANCE to INI CombatFlags (010). If set, RES* on characters will
also be weighted against normal damage if the old fashioned damage flags are set.
- Added: TAG.COLDDAMAGE, TAG.ENERGYDAMAGE, TAG.FIREDAMAGE, TAG.POISONDAMAGE for characters
and items. The server will only evaluate the tags on characters, and if ComBatFlag
COMBAT_SPECIALDAMAGE is set. Then any damage done to others (if it's damage type contains
at least one of the physical types OR magic) will be increased by the value of the
appropriate tag, lowered by the RES* percentage of the victim.
Tags on items will not be evaluated by the server - their values can be used to for
example increase the TAGs or the RES* properties on characters on equip of the item.
This way you can use TAG.*DAMAGE on a weapon to increase the wearer's appropriate
damage tag, or on a piece of armor to increase his RES*, or to whatever you wan

Here instead there are some info about armour calculation : http://wiki.sphere.torfo.org/index.php/A...alculation

From my tests the physical damage is calculated in this way :

When the player scores an hit , a random part of the various armors is chosen, then the damage is calculated in this way : Random (Damage-AR+1,Damage)
If the result is negative or 0 no damage is applied.

For parrying i just know that increase the globar AR rating.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 09:21 AM by darksun84.)
04-12-2012 09:15 AM
WehTeheFf
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

RE: Armor, Parrying
Ok if there weren't any changes to the default armor behaviour I'm relieved (because I don't have to edit all that armor ratings stuff) and a bit disappointed (because the formula still sucks ^^).

Thanks for the reply, I'll just test some more then to be sure everything's alright (i.e. as buggy as I'm used to :-P).

Alas the community pack would require way too much work to integrate in our custom scripts, but maybe there are some useful things that can be integrated without much rescripting.
04-12-2012 10:18 AM