Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Small character animation
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

RE: Small character animation
Yes, but not just for me, which would reduce the individual animations. But mainly for the person who would like to put them on his server.
05-01-2020 09:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Prapilk
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Hello in 2002, I made dwarfs.
The old tutorials are there http://prapilk.free.fr/LES_SPAWNEURS/ANI...mation.htm

Now it's easy to do all the animations and link with equipconv.

In summary:

The simplest is to extract the pictures in tiff with Uofiddler.
Modify them with batch processing in Photoshop. (resize and save)
Copy the .vd of the original animation on the free ID that we will link with bodyconv to have the color palette.

Then, you make a macro in autohotkey and 3 hours later and the automatic addition of the 1050 frames you have your animation.

For my part, the most technical is the neck and torso.
For the helmet, hair, bear and the weapons, a simple macro of 30 minutes to go down in Z and it is finished.

There you have the dwarfs on UO.
06-20-2020 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Eranova

Hi Praplik, I know about your work. But he did not publish all the animations of clothes, armor and weapons. I used the bmp format, tiff is not needed. I don't use UO Fiddler for that at all. I have my own batch programs, I don't do photoshop, but IrfanView and my own program for moving images. One animation takes me about a minute. However, I quit my job. I can't work on something that won't work. Ultima doesn't have enough space in the gump and anim files to fit it all. I'm sorry.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2020 02:08 PM by golfin.)
06-20-2020 02:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Prapilk
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Hello golfin, out of the 2049 animation IDs, + - 1200 iD are used by UO. So, we have 850 left which is more than enough to add the dwarf which requires + - 150 to be perfectly functional since we can link the animations resembling with equipconv.

There are also several 100ene free IDs in anim2, 3, 4 and 5. With anim5.mul I will have enough to make everything dwarf! Bodyconv => equipconv and it's good.
For the gumps, I crushed the gargoyle gump like that I have a perfectly functional dwarf race. (the gargoyle is ugly and useless on UO)
The gump locations are 10000, we have time before we have all filled.
If you really have a tool that allows you to add in 1 minute the 1050 pictures, I would really like to see that.

French:

Bonjour golfin, sur les 2049 ID d'animations, +- 1200 iD sont utilisées par UO. Donc, ils nous en restent 850 ce qui est largement suffisant pour rajouter le nain qui en nécessite +- 150 pour être parfaitement fonctionnel vu qu'on peut lier les animations ressemblante avec l'équipconv.

Il y a d'ailleurs plusieurs 100ène d'ID libre dans les anim2, 3, 4 et 5. Avec l'anim5.mul j'aurai assez pour faire tout le nain ! Bodyconv => équipconv et c'est bon.
Pour les gumps, j'ai écrasé le gump de la gargoyle comme ça j'ai une race nain parfaitement fonctionnel. (la gargoyle est moche et inutile sur UO)
Les emplacements de gump sont de 10000 on a le temps avant d'avoir tout remplis.
Si tu as vraiment un outils qui permet rajouter en 1minute les 1050 images, j'aimerais vraiment voir ça.
06-20-2020 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Eranova

Prapilk, find me on Discord: golfin#5601
Even if I'm offline, I'll write back. Let's make an agreement, I'll send the program to you and explain how I do it.
06-21-2020 01:04 PM