Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cannot move!
Sum
Apprentice

Likes Given: 32

Cannot move!
Out of no where all the sudden I cannot move. using the latest nightly but it was working fine i'm so baffled. Been reading around and found a few posts but nothing is working, i tried a fresh install and loaded it with basic scripts and empty account and save files. Getting this error when i try and walk.

23:03:ERROR:Exception creating new memory block at 568,976. (CGrayMapBlock: Read)

ok so weird now map 1,3 and 4 are working! so confused lol
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 05:38 PM by Sum.)
01-11-2017 05:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

RE: Cannot move!
usually "CGrayMapBlock: Read" means that sphere is not able to read your map files

so at server startup, try check some of the first lines of console to find something like "Using MUL files from path: ..." to make sure that sphere is reading MUL files from correct path
01-11-2017 06:36 PM
[+] 1 user Likes Coruja's post
Sum
Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, the only thing i see map related at the startup is this and it all looks good to me.

Expansion maps supported: Felucca (0), Trammel (1), Ilshenar (2), Malas (3), Tokuno Islands (4), Ter Mur (5)
Allocating map sectors: 0=7168 1=7168 2=900 3=1280 4=484 5=1280

I will go over my sphere.ini again and make sure i didn't miss anything.
01-12-2017 03:22 AM
zottolo
Journeyman

Likes Given: 8

dnt know if this can be useful but i had the same error at the beginning when i first rendered my custom map which was wrong sized and with various errors...
01-12-2017 05:51 AM
[+] 1 user Likes zottolo's post
Sum
Apprentice

(01-12-2017 05:51 AM)zottolo Wrote:  dnt know if this can be useful but i had the same error at the beginning when i first rendered my custom map which was wrong sized and with various errors...

Thanks for that but I do not have a custom map. I have not made any changes to any map files other than the starting location and have reverted that map script back to the original. Trying a fresh install of UO now . I appreciate all the help guys! Big Grin
01-12-2017 06:34 AM
Sum
Apprentice

Well a fresh install did it! I suspect a couple map0.mul files I found as well they are 0 bytes in size and if i do remember correctly axis creates these files . I did a search and found a few in old backup folders . I think the registry got confused and was pointing to them. well YAY! Smile
01-12-2017 08:10 AM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

its good to know that the problem is solved Smile

sphere 56d have more detailed console messages, so problems like this can be easily tracked or avoided. Like this first message at server startup that tells the user from where sphere is reading MUL files and what they can support. With this single message you can check if sphere is reading map files from correct location, which probably could had avoided some headaches

Code:
Loading MUL files from path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\'
Expansion maps supported by your MUL files: 0='Felucca', 1='Trammel', 2='Ilshenar', 3='Malas', 4='Tokuno Islands', 5='Ter Mur'
Allocating map sectors: 0='7168' 1='7168' 2='900' 3='1280' 4='484' 5='1280'

so to make things even better, maybe it's a good idea update your 56c to 56d builds. Everything you need to do is replace the .exe and update a few scripts like sphere.ini, spheretables.scp, sphere_defs.scp and sphere_msgs.scp
01-12-2017 10:19 AM
Sum
Apprentice

(01-12-2017 10:19 AM)Coruja Wrote:  its good to know that the problem is solved Smile

sphere 56d have more detailed console messages, so problems like this can be easily tracked or avoided. Like this first message at server startup that tells the user from where sphere is reading MUL files and what they can support. With this single message you can check if sphere is reading map files from correct location, which probably could had avoided some headaches

Code:
Loading MUL files from path: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic\'
Expansion maps supported by your MUL files: 0='Felucca', 1='Trammel', 2='Ilshenar', 3='Malas', 4='Tokuno Islands', 5='Ter Mur'
Allocating map sectors: 0='7168' 1='7168' 2='900' 3='1280' 4='484' 5='1280'

so to make things even better, maybe it's a good idea update your 56c to 56d builds. Everything you need to do is replace the .exe and update a few scripts like sphere.ini, spheretables.scp, sphere_defs.scp and sphere_msgs.scp
Thnaks for your reply Coruja .it keep happening I'm using the latest 56d build. I found a post Fro Xun and it appears to be axis 56. Don't know for sure but it seems like Axis adding a bunch of Mul files to my sphere folder. I think this is making sphere read it directly from there (maybe a registry thing). Even after deleting the file I have to do a full re-install on UO. i really wanted to use it for the static tool. oh well back to world forge i guess...
Axis II is still great though!
01-17-2017 04:21 PM