Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Music not working
artexd
Apprentice

Likes Given: 6

RE: Music not working
Music is still not working by me. With the command .music I am able to play just the turfin.mp3 (or whatever I put on first place in config.txt)
Is this solvable ?
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014 08:14 PM by artexd.)
09-07-2014 03:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Feeh
Sphere Developer

Don't think there is anything wrong with Sphere. I was not able to reproduce the problem using latest version and client 7.0.35.6 and I've made an additional sanity check by debugging the client communication and there is nothing wrong with the packets

Note that the command is MUSIC <SONG_NUM> and not MUSIC <NUM1>,<NUM2> as some said

The reason you always get turfin playing may be because when sphere tries to convert "9,10" to number, the comma invalidate the string and it return zero*, which is one of turfin's ID according to config.txt
You can ensure that by reading the packet on the pucture above
It is 3 bytes lenght, the first is the packet ID (0x6D-Play Music) and the other two are the music ID (WORD / 2 bytes / 0x0003 highlighted)

* I'm just guessing, didn't read the code

Feeh/Epila - Nightly releases / SphereWiki / Github Issues / Sphere's GitHub
09-08-2014 01:30 AM
artexd
Apprentice

I've tested the .music command on 3 different clients including the latest one.
And of curse clean sphere server. (the mp3 support flag is set 02)
I'am using it like this:
.music 0
.music 9
.music 10
The uo is only able to play the first one.
I will keep trying different things, I suppose the problem is by me (I am a newbie here ^^)
09-08-2014 05:44 AM
amonvangrell
Banned

Likes Given: 17

britannia shard

Hmmmm.... I would love to see sphere using the new music files properly but never worked well for me...
09-08-2014 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Feeh
Sphere Developer

(09-08-2014 05:38 PM)amonvangrell Wrote:  Hmmmm.... I would love to see sphere using the new music files properly but never worked well for me...

I have no problem with them. I'm using 7.0.35.6 with no mods and they play fine. AFAIR UO Client is selective of what kind of mp3 you have, older clients with newer mp3 will not work (I don't remember what are restrictions, but i think there is something related to the bitrate)

I also don't know if the client still search for the old midis when FEATURE_LBR_SOUND is deactivated.

To be honest, the emulator has nothing to do with how the client play the files, it only tells what music to play (based on an index that your client must have) and it will send the LBR feature flag upon login, which seems to be related to the mp3 or midi selection

The problem may be with the client you guys are using. I really can't trace it deeper

Feeh/Epila - Nightly releases / SphereWiki / Github Issues / Sphere's GitHub
09-10-2014 01:55 AM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

UO clients are horrible to play music files, but this is related to the client.
Some musics works well, others magically stop working. Some musics has "loop" setting properly set, others dont have it and only play 1x instead keep playing the region music

Also, the client can only play a single music, and to play the next one, it must wait ~8 seconds. Probably your problem is related to this one, because sphere try to play the music from r_default + r_any_other_region at the same time. Sometimes it will play the correct music from the r_any_other_region, and sometimes it will play the generic music from r_default

but I fixed this problem on newest builds using the new TAG.MUSIC directly on the AREADEF, just update your scripts and it will be ready to use.
Using this new style you dont need to play musics using REGIONTYPE anymore, just set TAG.MUSIC=midi_britain1 directly on the AREADEF and it will only this single music without problems. You can find all changes here http://spherescripts.sytes.net/revision....2&peg=2022
09-14-2014 01:44 PM