Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 questions
Rattlehead
Master

Likes Given: 3

2 questions
my first one is about items still being on the paperdoll once i move the character and removing all his items after character creation, whats happening is that when they create a character i have them show up in a small room with a stone, they pick them some GM skills, and are the teleported to britain, all their items the game gives them by default are removed, this includes the items they are wearing, except once they get to brit all the items on their paper doll still show until clicked, in my script i have tried both resend and update, neither of which take the items from the paperdoll, so see technically the items arent there, once they are clicked they disappear, but u can still see them, so am i missing something?

my second question regard distance away from things, if i am further away then 2 tiles from something i am dbl clicking i get the default message 'You cannot reach that' is there a way to increase this distance that i am over looking or is this something that the client is resticting?

[Image: matts_siggy.gif]
07-16-2013 05:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: 2 questions
For the first, i can't reproduce it, all equipped items are removed from paperdoll(client 7.0.10), i use a for and findlayer. Possible it's a client issue ?_?

The second one, i think the distance is hardcoded Shock there is a similar issue with vendor not hearing you if you are too much far from them( i mean like 4-5 tiles Tongue)

About the Dclicking item :

You can add to the male and female chardef, the value mt_nodclickdist in to the CAN field.

Then i think you can use @ItemDclick for customizing the distance(The flag above works)
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 06:10 AM by darksun84.)
07-16-2013 05:39 AM
Rattlehead
Master

its client 6.0.1.10 i believe

here is what i use to put them in brit, they come from another map, and i dont have this issue at any other time

Code:
src.p 1437,1677,10,0
src.update
src.resend

(This post was last modified: 07-16-2013 07:41 AM by Rattlehead.)
07-16-2013 06:39 AM
Rattlehead
Master

ok, we can disregard question 2, it was the way i had the function removing the items somehow, it was an older script i used back on 55r, i just rescripted using 56b syntax and all is fine now.

as for the can flag i havent tested yet, but thx for the info.

**edit**

the mt_nodclickdist works beautifully dark, thx man

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 07:18 AM by Rattlehead.)
07-17-2013 01:04 AM