Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
sooo...
BladeCraft
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

sooo...
Soooo, my saved links to sphere stopped working quite awhile back and I assumed things collapsed and we became extinct... Stumbled upon you guys today though and had to create a new account... what happened and can i get my old account back?

by the way, hey everyone Smile
02-09-2013 04:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Soulless
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 29

Ye Olde Sphere

RE: sooo...
BLADECRAFT! how have you been? i just came back myself! putting my server up live tomorrow night. i also presumed there was a collapse, it was a sad day.

i don't think they have any of the old accounts. Sad
02-09-2013 04:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
BladeCraft
Apprentice

been great man but i think i lost half of my scripting ability over the last 2 years =/..... how about you? awesome to hear shards are still going up... mine is up but its a sad shell of what we hoped and dreamed for it... half of the systems i put together for players to really enjoy are collecting dust which saddens me...

im also logging on to Live Messenger for the first time in years so if anyone wants to chat it up and maybe fill me in on the current sphere direction, im bladecraft87@hotmail.com
02-09-2013 04:21 AM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

Old forums have completely gone. Bit silly to not leave an archive, although I don't know if it was out of their control or what Smile

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
02-09-2013 04:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
BladeCraft
Apprentice

No one explained what happened? I was hoping to be linked to a thread where there was a 5-page discussion on it =/.... updates still happening at least? The last build I found stable was from September 2008... god how the time flies...
02-09-2013 04:30 AM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

you still got a website blade? i remember you used to help me quite a bit with scripts and we'd collaborate on things.
02-09-2013 04:50 AM
BladeCraft
Apprentice

TEST...
i tried posting and it errored and then said i was a spam message

ok i dont know what is going on... i typed a real response 2x already and this time is just does a loading thing like its about to post but it does not.... if this post goes through, im at a loss because that would mean its just not letting me post what i WANT to say....

last try...
Yea, Seems like it was just a few months ago that we were chatting about projects we were working on but i think it was like 2-3 years ago... cant believe its been so long

Anyone know why i cant paste client 2.0.3 into my uo folder and run it? I used to swap clients all the time but its saying it thinks UO is not properly installed and wants me to reinstall. my 6.0 client works fine if I do that... did EA add something to block old clients or something?
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 05:34 AM by BladeCraft.)
02-09-2013 05:27 AM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

yeah the last time my server was up was 2009! and i wasnt fat then! crazy how time flies!

I remember having a similar issue, when i downloaded the classic client recently and tried to use an old client it gave me the finger.
02-09-2013 06:03 AM
Ben
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 2

SphereCommunity

Hey Bladecarft!
ok, where to start...
When it comes to the sphereserver site, Damian had advised the top Devs about 1 month before it whent down that he was no longer able to host it and that a backup of the site was gonna be available. This notice was ignored/not received/not noticed and the site whent down without any warning to the community. This site, which was a project in the works, was then used as the new site for sphere. This was then approved later by Damian and there should still be a backup of the old site in the hands of who knows who...
So this is why you needed to create a new account, there is no way of getting old account on to this site. This is a MyBB forum, the old sphereserver site is an IPB.

Sphere is still being worked on, mostly by me at the moment. You can find Nightly Builds here http://nightly.prerelease.sphere.torfo.org/

As for not being able to post what you want... there is an anti-spam plugin on this site to prevent spam bots(which works wery well)
As soon as you reach a total of 5 posts, you will no longer be affected by this. Smile

Now for the client... If you installed the latest client and expect a 2.0.3 client to work on it, it won't Tongue
I'm not sure at which version it started(somewhere in the 7.0.0 versions), UO started using a new format for some files (.UOP).
Also, after 7.0.25, the login is hardcoded and requires host file modification to change the login(no connection tool was created for this yet)

I'm sure I'm forgeting stuff, but wellcome back Smile

AxisII's current version: 2.0.4j
AxisII SourceCode on Github
AxisII up to date changelog
02-09-2013 07:26 AM
BladeCraft
Apprentice

Hey Ben, thanks for the update... id type more but it does not let me post when i do... Smile

still running into posting issues after post #5... it seems like it does not let me post anything over a few sentences which is difficult for me lol

.......lets see if editing a small post works....

How are old sphere users getting around the 2.0.3 restriction? Are they using old UO downloads and praying their hosts keep them available or is there a way to get new UOs to use old clients? My shard uses 6.0 but i want to say hi to some people that still play on a 55r server.

I just downloaded UO from http://uo.com/Client-Download and I got the 7.0.29.2 client but there is still a login.cfg... a hard coded login is a scary thing for free shards everywhere!

I saw Shiryux's email regarding the .UOP files... and his little cartoon lol...is there going to be a hard compatibility break with this new direction EA is taking? Im wondering if I need to add more files to my patch to keep people who patch from going beyond what my Sphere can support beyond just the client version.

(yay it worked!)
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 09:42 AM by BladeCraft.)
02-09-2013 09:38 AM