Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Windows 8] Client Connection Issue
Sharlenwar
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

[Windows 8] Client Connection Issue
Man, I feel like such a n00b! I'm having issues connecting to my Sphere. I can remote connect into my server machine, so in the network I can definitely see the server machine.

The issue: I'm trying to use client version 6.00.10 - UO: ML install version (have some old mul files from this era that I'm trying to resurrect) to connect to the latest Sphere nightly. What is happening is from a machine that is on the network is trying to connect. You can authenticate the user, then when they pick a server to go to, it goes to a Connecting screen, then freezes UO.

In my Sphere scripts, I do have it set to establish my IP in the server triggers, and in the .ini file. I'm not at home to post here, just figured I'd list my issue.

The funny thing with this issue, is when I use the Ultima Online on the server machine to connect, there are no issues. I do have my server machine routed in the router as well, otherwise the remote connect wouldn't work.

I've been out of the game for a while, but looking to get back into it. Just need some pointers with this roadblock. Maybe I'm missing something? Oh, and I did try and search the forums for possible solutions. Tried a few of them, but no dice. I think this was the same roadblock I ran into when I got my Win 8 machine.

Thanks for any and all help. *hides from the vilification*

-= Meh =-
03-18-2015 01:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

RE: [Windows 8] Client Connection Issue
When the connecting screen appears and the client freezes, the console reports anything ?
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 02:16 AM by darksun84.)
03-18-2015 02:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sharlenwar
Journeyman

I'll post what the console does as soon as I get home. I figured I would need that.

-= Meh =-
03-18-2015 02:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sharlenwar
Journeyman

Okay, so I have fixed my issue. Maybe it is a n00b thing to do, but this used to work before in the sphere.ini file. Now I have to configure as such it seems:

Sphere.ini
Code:
[SPHERE]
// Name of your Sphere shard
ServName=Rhyllyn
// The IP of your server, this will be 127.0.0.1 almost always
ServIP=127.0.0.1
// The port of your server, this is 2593 by default
ServPort=2593
[SERVERS]
LAN Entry

Okay, so if I have my Sphere.ini setup as the above, I can connect to LAN Entry no problem from within my network. When I'm within my network and try the Rhyllyn option in the server list, it will crash the game.

So to fix it, I basically have setup the Rhyllyn for 127.0.0.1 for anyone connecting from the server machine (haven't tested this with an external connection like dyndns.org) and then a LAN Entry with the IP of the server from my computer.

So now everything works as expected and I am able to connect and go into the character selection.

Hopefully this might help someone with similar issues.

-= Meh =-
04-17-2015 06:22 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

For external conections, if you have any problem, you may want to set serv.servip (external ip, not domain!! only ip) in [function f_onserver_Start]
04-17-2015 06:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply