• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Undefined Symbol ' '
xwerswoodx
Journeyman

Likes Given: 4

UoMMO

RE: Undefined Symbol ' '
(07-27-2013 04:46 AM)Alaric Wrote:  
(07-27-2013 04:26 AM)xwerswoodx Wrote:  However, this doesn't mean it will not give an error Smile)) On the other hand, this is only habit Big Grin
I don't know but I like my scripts to be the simpliest as possible. That's the satisfaction. The more you complicate things, the more you're confused and in that point I'd rather delete it and rewrite it Tongue This was just a small example... Why dtag, when its not necessary Smile

Why? I.TAG.... has more letters than DTAG Smile And it's not complicated because in scripts you need to use that Smile
07-27-2013 08:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 26

If you DTAG when checking for a tag it can assign a value where there actually is none, it's bad practice to use it when only checking to see if the tag exists.

[Image: 2nis46r.jpg]
07-27-2013 10:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Rattlehead
Master

Likes Given: 3

having 1 more character in script wont even be noticed, not to mention, with everything i have scripted, i dont even use 'I.' anywhere, nvr have, seems rather pointless to use anyway, the I usually refers to either SRC or default, i see no reason to use I at all.

[Image: matts_siggy.gif]
07-28-2013 02:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply