Poll: Is UO dead?
Yes
No
It comes with holidays...
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
UO is dead?
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

RE: UO is dead?
Look at the Russian servers, Dragon World has a few hundred. ABC UO has 150~, there are a handful of servers out there with loads of players.

The one thing people forget, is those players are dedicated to those servers. They won't leave after years and years of playing there. That is why new servers are empty.

My server (TheUOProject) has 840 accounts on it, 1200 characters and we only opened for 6 months in 2010 and a few months in 2011 - over the summer holidays. We open up every now and then, and we hit 60 players easily. But only 5% of those were new players. It's the same old players we always had from our old server Burstfire UO.

However, this year I was forced to update Sphere, and well, they've completely fucked it up haven't they? So now my server won't return (at least not until I get a Windows server and run the pre-release which still works)

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
01-07-2013 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Wap
Journeyman

Likes Given: 6

UORPG.net

No. Smile
01-08-2013 06:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ben
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 2

SphereCommunity

Quote:However, this year I was forced to update Sphere, and well, they've completely fucked it up haven't they? So now my server won't return (at least not until I get a Windows server and run the pre-release which still works)

WTF are you talking about? How can you be forced to do anything? Did someone put a gun to your head? Stop blaming sphere for your own fuck ups...

AxisII's current version: 2.0.4j
AxisII SourceCode on Github
AxisII up to date changelog
01-08-2013 08:47 AM
Onirim
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

UO: Rebellion

Forced to update Sphere ?
When you have a production software, you don't have to update it without testing and making backup ^^
01-08-2013 05:39 PM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

Forced in the sense that I used to run a Windows server.

My new server is Linux, running CentOS6.

Mysql client libs on Centos6 are libmysqlclient.16.so

Sphere pre-release requires an older version of the libs (15.so).

So I was 'forced' to use the Nightly.

I didn't mean physically forced >_>

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
01-08-2013 09:27 PM
RanXerox
Master

Likes Given: 1

You can install older libs in linux just as you can in Windows... just put it in the same directory as the executable
01-09-2013 02:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply