Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T2A-era shard without pre-cast
AngryLocomotive
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Rainbow T2A-era shard without pre-cast
Hey guys,

Been looking for shard like this for ages. Can't find any. Good old pre-aos shard but with one custom thing that Sphere likes - pre-cast off. If someone knows any shard a like i told, please let me know. If not - why not making one? LOL

Thought pre-T2A has everything, but i was wrong.

Oh and sorry if i spam, i though this is the best place to post this thread.

I am just a Player.
07-02-2012 03:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Skul
Master

RE: T2A-era shard without pre-cast
Mine? Tongue Although mine is non-precast it does have alot of custom things, non-standard pre-t2a stuff (level system and things). Check it out, you might like it. Client 6.0.10 is the best client, patch UO to 7.0.12 and use the client from the webpage, there are no CLILOCS, it's been disabled, hooked with a custom @click packet handler.

"I ask a question to the answer I already know."

Marchadium :: http://www.marchadium.ca/ :: Join us!
07-02-2012 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
AngryLocomotive
Apprentice

Thank you Skul for the reply and an offer but it just has too much for me. 200% for certain skill is way too much. I want an old feeling of UO with bit of magery kick (no pre-cast), simple 700 skill cap with 225/250 stat cap. Maybe i haven't noticed other shards, but at this moment main pre-aos shards has more players than any post-aos shard do. UO:Originas, UO: Second Age, etc. Obviously there are big shards out there that can match the player base with them, but the point is, people want that old feeling of UO. But from my point of view magery should have pre-cast taken off. Weird but i haven't seen any other shard like this, except shard where i born like a UO player - Deusovis 3 Smile

*Looks around for Barnabus* LOL

I am just a Player.
07-02-2012 04:23 PM
Barnabus
Journeyman

UO; I was 22 when i first bought UO and that was 14 years ago. Without doubt; there is no competetion there is no other game that still kicks up a fuss 14 years later. On top of this thanks to sphere there has been a 1000 customised versions of the game. The servers I found most populated, were also the servers I found pretty weak, espically on topics you mention such as STATCAP and SKILLCAP and combat in General.

Unfortuately skill based combat never seemed so popular, but thats because they havnt tried it !!!! Big Grin

A skillcap of 7000 and a statcap of 250, force classes by skill type, ensuring you are never going to meet a GM crafter that is going to pose a major threat to your warrior, it also kerbs these hybrid players getting to much from both sides, they have to be picky about thier skill/stat choice to get the right measure, this is why i always put higher INT restrictions on spells also, to stop so called TANKMAGES having an unfair advantage, with there lower str as they must spread some to int for casting, they are unable to wear heavier armors, this balance effect is easy to achieve by carefully selecting the CAPS.

Combat, now this is why I love sphere to me outside sphere combat looks gay regardless of the scripting. I cant really explain it, maybe it just looks to small and shiney, in sphere the cartoons are solid and big. (Thats kind of how i feel anyway)

Combat also must be balanced, I cant believe the amount of shards that have shite combat. Ive seen thier events were two players get ported into a little area, and they literally stand belly to belly casting and hitting one another untill ones dead, no fizzle, no skill, nothing remotely interesting and ultimately he with mutilpe +whatever items wins... I really hate that.

A pvp pit should consist of walls so that melee can run behind them and avoid mage spells, items shouldnt mod stats !....
The biggest Question in UO to me was always Melee vs Mage, and it must always be much harder for the melee to win in open spaces and much easier for the melee to win in cover such as a building, because of LOS and CastTime and half swing.
So im all for old skool capped and balanced pvp, its nice to see the skilled win rather than the spoilt.

OldSkool, isnt always the best and I dont understand client 203 junkies nor anyone that wont upgrade, ultimately you dont have to use all the new animations and weapons etc, but its nice to have them and remeber they can all be scripted into an oldskool system! Why do without the stygain dragon when its available.

Also the myth that later clients cause lag has been busted ever since we stopped using 56k dailup modems, today with highspeed broadband, client 7.19 runs as fast as 203 did all those years ago.

AncientRelams has all of this above including custom economys, keeps, custom crafting, the only thing you need to do to AR to complete it AngryLocomotive is tune in damages!!! So if you really want your ideal shard its here waiting.
07-09-2012 12:49 AM
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

Is In Por Ylem still up? If so, it is an old school server Big Grin
@Barnabus
Some people like Legacy versions. Cannot fault them for it. I like SNES over PS3 games Big Grin Though I have a PS3 and probably 160 games for it Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2012 06:41 AM by Khaos.)
07-20-2012 06:40 AM
kargoth
Apprentice

Check out Ultima-X, stat cap at 275. They are keeping thinks close to ML - it seems okay, I've been playing a week or so under name Kargoth! Tongue
07-21-2012 05:29 PM
AngryLocomotive
Apprentice

I am playing at Marchadium at the moment. But god it needs balance. Maybe i haven't spent enough time to do my research.. Sorry Skul if i am wrong.

But Marchadium has a lot of stuff that makes that shard close to my ideal shard. I haven't tried the pvp yet, dunno if those add-ons are used vs Players as well as for monsters. (some of them obvious only for pvm)

And Khaos is right, i can't stand anything new that comes with every update in Ultima Online. Dunno, even graphics are different, objects, items, etc. even npc's. I would like to stick to the old fashion UO, with fast pvp and especially with possibility to cast and run. I know, most of them says its unbalanced but me and Barnabus managed to balance it to the point that it was almost perfect. We just had issues with tank-mages at the beginning.

Simple and balanced PVP (Class based) + Rich and interesting PVM (as i talked before and that Marchadium has) + Well balanced economy + and some role play = Uo Shard at its Best !

I am just a Player.
08-27-2012 09:33 AM