Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Sphere Gameplan
dagger4k
Journeyman

Likes Given: 1

RE: Sphere Gameplan
Another MASSIVE factor that I see time and time again is the fact that the base things; doors, signs, roofing, floors should be an easy spawn. This should be a part of the base script pack!
09-16-2013 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

SETUP
I don't think sphere is hard to setup. I do agree we should probably package everything a bit better. I don't remember why we didn't include the save and account files. We should probably start doing that. I remember something along the lines of "In case it overwrites other shard owners files" or something to that affect; but don't quote that. I think it was just a fail safe though.

WIKI
The wiki does need to be updated. I wish we had a person or team to do this. As it is, we cannot split our time from script and hard code updates and work on the wiki at the same time (most of us anyway). I still say the wiki should not only be updated, but provided as a PDF download. This would make having that guide a bit easier on the move.

BUGS
I know for a fact there needs to be bug fixes, but again comes the issues of replication in most circumstances. I remember I used to do a ton of Bug Testing when Cube was around. Most things are not able to be replicated. This in turn leads me to believe a good bit of 'bugs' are mainly user error. Which comes back to the scripting. I don't find it hard per se; people do get it wrong though. Then they want to cry "bug". I am not going to point out names, but there was about three individuals who used to message me all of the time about some 'bug' or another. Then I would ask to see the script and fix their 'bug'.

With this in mind; when a bug is reported there needs to be way more information given about this alleged 'bug'. If it cannot get replicated it should just be struck from the bug tracker.

NEW FEATURES
As much as people say we need to fix 'bugs', new features cannot be neglected for long. Especially when it comes to needed ones. Enhanced Client and Packet handling are a priority. Right now, I am about to commit a huge variable list to remove inconsistent community tag usage when it comes to the item property systems with EA compliance. Things like this I find to be a need. It helps strengthen the community.

FLAGSHIP SERVER
We are looking into hosting a community run server using Sphere's capabilities. We are also trying to re-install (though it might be painful) the old POLLSERVER, REGISTERSERVER functions to the hard code. This way Sphere can again list Sphere ran servers. Mind you, this is in the works and we are looking into this. The old code seems to be gone for it and if we cannot deep dive enough; we might have to try and do it from scratch.

COMMUNITY SHARING
Yes, I have noticed large script packs uploaded. This is useful. Yes, people take scripts and run and never share. I know. It has always been that way. At the same time I know a few people in the community do not ever run or contribute to a server. Some of these said people like MORDAUNT do this all of the time (share scripts). Some just sort of float around. Then there is a few who help a lot. Then we have the few who really do nothing... Those are the ones that make me wonder they are even here.

ShiryuX was right though. The community has dropped a good bit; not only in #, but also in how the interact with one another. This was why we were hired on long ago. We knew how to code, but we were unfamiliar with what we were about to dive into. We have tried our best. At the same time, the community asked for things and got what they wanted and kept wanting more. This is not to be expected, yet the backlash when adults had to live their lives and maintain things in their life really probably pushed away ShiryuX and the others a little bit. This is merely my opinion.

As a whole; I would think the community could act a bit better at times. Not bashing people for asking questions or stating their opinions (Don't deny that doesn't happen). It is very unprofessional and kills off the server usage by others. Who wants to use Sphere if a bunch of @$$holes are trolling the users? Again, this is just my opinion.

^ Please LIKE this above post if you felt the rainbow colors were justified in MORDAUNT's name xD
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 03:42 PM by Khaos.)
11-23-2013 03:40 PM
[+] 3 users Like Khaos's post
Lazarus
Master

Likes Given: 11

Hybris Ultima Online

Thanks Khaos! First of all, sorry for my english in the next words... I'm from Argentina.

I was thinking that Enhanced Client is the best option for a PRE-AOS server (rennaisance like) without propieties, without pre-casting and some more features that impacts in the image of the Client. I play now RunUO Server's (ServUO, the new 'Fork') & I'm trying to get the new system of UO (I ever played RennaisanceLike) [Only play, not scripting or anything else]

I love a community based place, because is better. I got some "jokes" because i'm really noob. I don't know anything about coding and is really HARD to me to learn that systems (but I really want a server in my country, a great server) so, I tried... [I study literature Tongue]
Users like Mordaunt, darksun, & others everytime helps, helps without looking a contribution or judging you like a noob. That's why I PM Mordaunt for easy questions, & then he HELPS me, he never offends, never stop to answer SO MANY stupid questions.
And that's why I'm here. I'm not scripting right now, I don't have a server anymore, but! I just want to know what comes next from the community, for the people who helps me everytime like darksun, Mordaunt and the community.

This should be Sphere.

[Image: 2hy9q0y.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2013 12:30 AM by Lazarus.)
11-25-2013 12:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 26

The PMing me for help does need to stop, and that's not just you, that's everyone.
We have forums here for a reason, and an IRC room if you desire. My inbox of late has turned into a absolute joke with every Tom, Dick & Harry asking me all kinds of crazy questions.

I will no longer respond to PMs with problems not related to my scripts.

Sorry but that's how it has to be from now on.

[Image: 2nis46r.jpg]
11-25-2013 01:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Lazarus
Master

Likes Given: 11

Hybris Ultima Online

(11-25-2013 01:12 AM)Mordaunt Wrote:  The PMing me for help does need to stop, and that's not just you, that's everyone.
We have forums here for a reason, and an IRC room if you desire. My inbox of late has turned into a absolute joke with every Tom, Dick & Harry asking me all kinds of crazy questions.

I will no longer respond to PMs with problems not related to my scripts.

Sorry but that's how it has to be from now on.

Hahaha, that's the problem of the community. When you ask in the forum, there are several ironic answers and others stuff. Then, we think: someone is trying to help [you, & someone else] and let's go PM you.

I know that, in your scripts post I ask, but when is a stupid, really stupid question, is hard to ask help in the forums ^_^

[Image: 2hy9q0y.png]
11-25-2013 01:45 AM
[+] 1 user Likes Lazarus's post
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

No problem Lazarus. I am trying to move this forward as much as I can as I did before the issue in my life arose. Your kind words do help a lot. I am glad you are around.

If you can help users with the same issues you had; that would be of a great benefit to the community.

Thanks.
11-25-2013 02:44 AM
babazar
Journeyman

Likes Given: 2

Quote:Hahaha, that's the problem of the community. When you ask in the forum, there are several ironic answers and others stuff.

I do have to agree with him there has a been a little of this with posts i have seen.

But it seems everything else is moving in he right Direction i am glad that the SCP is being split this will give some other shards a little life and that lift the need. But i still prefer he script sharing once was and the old forums you could go to the search and type in a name of a script u where looking for (obv due to the amount of contribution) you found what you looking for in help or scripts.

Keep up the good work Guys!
11-28-2013 12:54 AM
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

I did bug Ben the other week about a search function for the downloads area, thanks for reminding me to bug him again.
I'm sure he won't thank you lol

11-28-2013 12:56 AM
babazar
Journeyman

Likes Given: 2

Am sure he wont Big Grin...

Search function would be great. would be even better once he SCP is fully stripped out (If thats the plan) And some other scripts are added Big Grin

Oh another wee point, well really Its an idea, Could it be possible to add a Solved Function to the forum, I.e If someone posts a question and someone answers it corectly the OP can mark it as being Solved showing the Post that help solved the issue Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 02:30 AM by babazar.)
11-28-2013 02:28 AM
Mordaunt
Super Moderator

That is technically possible (the long way around) by editing the title of the thread of the initial post.
Again that's another one for Ben though.

11-28-2013 03:11 AM