Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Script Advice
Catalan_mistral
Journeyman

Likes Given: 2

Script Advice
On another of my posts I asked for ideas of games for my compendium, someone suggested a script for poker, so i have started working out certain aspects needed for it, I have been able to either use or adapt parts of my blackjack script, and i'm currently working on a way to work out the best hand from any given amount of cards from 5 to 7.

My current way of doing it is a series of tags, and checks based on the tags. The clickable item, dealing the cards, sorting the cards and scoring the cards works out at about 350 lines of code, still a couple of things to snag on it atm.

Now the question is, is this a good way of scripting the scoring aspect using tags and checks, or is 8500+ lines of defs like I saw in the other poker script a better way in respect to speed and resources?

The One and Only......
02-21-2017 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
rastrero
Master

Likes Given: 41

RE: Script Advice
If you are looking for best performance I think u should use MYsql db
03-10-2017 01:32 AM
Ben
Sphere Developer

SphereCommunity

If no web access is needed, sqlite is a better choice then mysql

AxisII's current version: 2.0.4j
AxisII SourceCode on Github
AxisII up to date changelog
03-10-2017 09:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

sphere already have its own LIST function to create "virtual" arrays with basic functions like insert/remove/sort values, if you just need some simple storage maybe it will work. But honestly I never used it so I don't know if its safe to use on scenarios like 8500 lines loop

as Ben said, if you need something local and a bit more complex you can use sphere internal SQLite engine. Or if you need something even more complex you can install an MySQL server to use advanced SQL commands, create more SQL users, access it remotely, etc
03-11-2017 01:01 PM
Catalan_mistral
Journeyman

basically the script I have checks how many of each suit, how many of each value card on initial deal, then does a few checks and works out the best hand you have using 20 IF statements, so I wanted to see if that was a good way of doing it, or writing 8500 lines of definitions for possible hands in poker like I saw on another poker script Smile

The One and Only......
03-11-2017 08:12 PM