Poll: Would you play my server?
yes, Soulless! Your server is probably as sexy as you are.
No! I can't handle all the greatness
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Re-Opening my Server
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

RE: Re-Opening my Server
(02-15-2013 07:32 AM)Soulless Wrote:  @Extreme
First.... what are you doing with the buy/sell agent. why are you connecting and disconnecting from the server so often. whatever your doing is locking the server up. does anyone know ahve an experience with that? he's reached maximum pings 16/15 frequently when connecting. i saw your character spamming vendor sell until the server has exceptions and locked up.

Not just you getting this! I have been having this issue for a while on my server. When a player crashes, it seems if they try to log in they get stuck on Verifying Account, with the console saying max pings reached. I increased it to 25 to fix it.. but now it happens saying like 28/25.. The more times the player trys to log in, that goes up and up, some guys decide to contact me on our IRC channel when they try 20 times and it says 45/25....

If you can solve this, I would love to know how. But seems to be some bug with Sphere.. since our servers are very different. I have to ask them to not 'try' and log in for about 5 minutes, and then it clears up..

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2013 08:40 AM by Ultima One.)
02-16-2013 08:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
RanXerox
Master

Likes Given: 1

// Disconnect inactive socket in x min
DeadSocketTime=1

Maybe try zero?
02-16-2013 10:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Soulless
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 29

Ye Olde Sphere

as far as a temporary fix all i can think of is a temporary block on the account for 5 minutes , unless what RanXerox says might work. I havent had a crash since i disabled Special NPC Actions and Network Experimental Ping.

I was on your server checking it out a few weeks ago, real good job on it Charm. I hope to get a playerbase similar to yours soon. I'm so glad we have a few SphereServers out there representing!
02-16-2013 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

Let me know if RanXerox's fix works for you Smile

I've seen a couple of 51a servers out there still going too. I've been Sphere bred since 2001 xD

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
02-17-2013 04:48 AM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

It seems to be fine now, things are running a lot more stable for me. all is well in chaos realm. though for some reason npcs seem to be invulnerable to magic damage lol
02-17-2013 03:27 PM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

Just posted up some new pictures and finished some new stuff. thought i'd share here; you know how i love to talk about myself and my server Bye

http://thechaosrealm.com/displayimage.ph...play_media
02-20-2013 10:05 PM