Poll: Would you play my server?
yes, Soulless! Your server is probably as sexy as you are.
No! I can't handle all the greatness
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Re-Opening my Server
Soulless
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 29

Ye Olde Sphere

Thumbs Up Re-Opening my Server
Hello Everyone Bye,

I'm re-opening my server this February, It is my intent to get it back to the average client connection i had in its early stages when i was but a young shard owner. I had 250 players on at its peak, and an average of 70-120 players on at any given time. This was all word of mouth and UOgateway that allowed this. I was wondering what everyone's input would be to get the largest player base possible, and advertise to the biggest crowd. within 2 weeks i intend on being live and well advertised with a fully functional website (unfortunately i can not provide a link since i'm waiting for the hosting setup to complete). I've got a new dedicated server computer on the way and a line that should be sufficient for the begining stages of a shard. I will post pictures of my projects when i return home tonight. I have fully committed myself to this shard this year and hope to get some positive feedback in the early stages of its grand opening. Is anyone else going live this year? let's kick some ass and give the world some badass SphereServers.

P.S. I'm preparing for my shard by growing my beard out to unreasonable lengths, eating nothing but lumber for 2 weeks, and i knocked a polar bear unconscious last night. Hopefully i'm ready for the awesomeness of it all. Woot

Love Love,
Soulless
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 09:59 AM by Soulless.)
02-02-2013 09:47 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Crusader
Master

Likes Given: 7

Erehwon New Hera

RE: Re-Opening my Server
badly, i'm also working on a personal project, so i can't play in urs, too bad, coz i guess its very interesting and well made.
02-02-2013 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

best of luck with it Smile

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
02-02-2013 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

goodluck
02-02-2013 02:02 PM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

Thanks Guys, the webpage is almost up. gonna have a great time with this server!
02-04-2013 05:32 AM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

Here's some screenshots of the stuff on my server. comments and criticism welcome!

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013 12:05 PM by Soulless.)
02-04-2013 11:50 AM
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

how/where do you store that "skill experience"? ( last screenshot)
02-04-2013 07:39 PM
oONautilusOo
Apprentice

Likes Given: 0

Looking awesomes soulless! Must be excited! can't wait to get to this stage myself Smile still adding content here lol but enjoying it. Working on custom dungeons, mobs, items, loot system atm!

(02-02-2013 09:47 AM)Soulless Wrote:  Hello Everyone Bye,

P.S. I'm preparing for my shard by growing my beard out to unreasonable lengths, eating nothing but lumber for 2 weeks, and i knocked a polar bear unconscious last night. Hopefully i'm ready for the awesomeness of it all. Woot

Love Love,
Soulless

are you Chuck Norris? Shock!!!!
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 02:15 AM by oONautilusOo.)
02-05-2013 02:14 AM
htid4life
Journeyman

Likes Given: 27

cant wait soulless gonna be goood Smile

[Image: htid.jpg]
02-05-2013 02:51 AM
Soulless
Super Moderator

Ye Olde Sphere

@Darksun, i'm using tags. once they begin a skill it tags the skill on their char unless its already there, then on=@skillgain it adds exp , then when you level up it raises the amount needed to level up. each skill level up gives you 1/5 chance of gaining the primary or secondary stat of that skill, and +10 in that skill.

i wanted to make it so the level wasn't an arbitrary number that didn't reflect on the character
all skills/crafting/kill exp also goes to the total overall level of the character. so when you look at a character level 2, you can expect him to have a few skills going, level 4 you can expect a guy whos got maybe a some gm skills and has spent some time in dungeons, level 10 you can expect a character of 7gm skills on an osi server who's got some good gear.

@Nautilus
Thanks Nautilus, i got your private message as well, i'll respond to ya here shortly about that. and yes i am chuck norris Smile not a lot of people on here know the truth but yeah, its me.

Thanks Htid4life! it'll be fun to see the reception it gets and work with players to smooth out any unforseen issues. a lot of the systems have had testing in previous verisons of the server, so i dont think there will be too many major issues.
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2013 03:02 AM by Soulless.)
02-05-2013 02:58 AM