I get 375 to ultima.one =[
08-05-2015 11:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Criminal
Journeyman

Likes Given: 38

SantiagoUO.com

RE: People asking for sphere
(08-05-2015 06:48 PM)Ultima One Wrote:  Criminal and johnus, can you ping ultima.one
let me know the response Smile

No problem for EU players..

[Image: mfqAZnj.png]
Discord: SantiagoUO
08-05-2015 11:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Ultima One
Journeyman

Likes Given: 7

Ultima One

Maybe i'll just delay EU connections 300ms to make it fair Big Grin

ULTIMA ONE
The modern, sphere powered Ultima Online server
08-05-2015 11:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
MoreFizzle
Apprentice

Likes Given: 1

What I liked about Santiago:

1. No Precasting stand still BS, or super tight Skillcaps; Run while casting is not a problem. Im a big fan of LoS style PvP. This style of PvP is more skill based than it is class based. Yes, you might get stomped by what appears to be a tinkering jester lighting campfires all around him, but hey, thats PvP to me; There should be an element of surprise. Santiago had PvP in all unguarded areas, murders get guardwhacked in town, same with crim, warring guilds can fight anywhere, you know, the usual. Seems like the only thing that doesn't exist on newer shards is what would be considered this broken approach to PvP with the no precast system. Also, I would assume the limited skillcap I've seen on most shards forces players into the whole player class system vs the open skillcap player with every combat and craft skill GM'd to one character. I'm not opposed to skillcaps, but whether its on one character, or spread across three, the skills will get GM'ed. I'm sure there can be claims made that its unfair that a gank squad with every combat skill GM'ed is killing everyone at Britain Bridge, but they took the time to GM them, so really the only real complain is the ability to do it all on one character. I'm for it, because I like that part of PvP. It should be difficult to hunt at times because you fear death.

2. Mana Refresh / Total Mana Refresh / Shrink Potions; Not sure why these have been removed on some shards, but it was a poor choice.

3. Good grasp on scale of Monster difficulty / Boss Monsters and Unique Item system. A lot of shards still use this, which is rad.

What I didnt like:

1. The craptastic Staff (they weren't all bad) with favorite players, time warps for b*tches who lost a mil in a bad deal and complained to the crooked staff about it, speed hackers, and the general instability of the servers.
08-06-2015 08:04 AM
johnus
Apprentice

Likes Given: 1

(08-06-2015 08:04 AM)MoreFizzle Wrote:  What I liked about Santiago:

1. No Precasting stand still BS, or super tight Skillcaps; Run while casting is not a problem. Im a big fan of LoS style PvP. This style of PvP is more skill based than it is class based. Yes, you might get stomped by what appears to be a tinkering jester lighting campfires all around him, but hey, thats PvP to me; There should be an element of surprise. Santiago had PvP in all unguarded areas, murders get guardwhacked in town, same with crim, warring guilds can fight anywhere, you know, the usual. Seems like the only thing that doesn't exist on newer shards is what would be considered this broken approach to PvP with the no precast system. Also, I would assume the limited skillcap I've seen on most shards forces players into the whole player class system vs the open skillcap player with every combat and craft skill GM'd to one character. I'm not opposed to skillcaps, but whether its on one character, or spread across three, the skills will get GM'ed. I'm sure there can be claims made that its unfair that a gank squad with every combat skill GM'ed is killing everyone at Britain Bridge, but they took the time to GM them, so really the only real complain is the ability to do it all on one character. I'm for it, because I like that part of PvP. It should be difficult to hunt at times because you fear death.

2. Mana Refresh / Total Mana Refresh / Shrink Potions; Not sure why these have been removed on some shards, but it was a poor choice.

3. Good grasp on scale of Monster difficulty / Boss Monsters and Unique Item system. A lot of shards still use this, which is rad.

What I didnt like:

1. The craptastic Staff (they weren't all bad) with favorite players, time warps for b*tches who lost a mil in a bad deal and complained to the crooked staff about it, speed hackers, and the general instability of the servers.

I agree with all of your points. That shard was great.
I would only add that one of the things I disliked about the shard was the neutral zone, I liked The Alter Realm a little better because of that reason. I'd even be content with a Cecil Arenas remake haha. That shard was super fun!
08-06-2015 12:04 PM
Criminal
Journeyman

Likes Given: 38

SantiagoUO.com

I have now vacations and I will work on it Big Grin

[Image: mfqAZnj.png]
Discord: SantiagoUO
08-06-2015 03:53 PM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Ultima One

That PvP style has always been the same in Burstfire/The UO Project and well continue into Ultima One, all of this is true for as long as I've run BFUO and TUP and will not change: "Santiago had PvP in all unguarded areas, murders get guardwhacked in town, same with crim, warring guilds can fight anywhere, you know"

Point 2 - we have all these, no idea why anyone would remove them. Our server has always been a PvP server, with fast paced, LOS pvp.

point 3 - pre me being admin, the dungeons were all a bit equal and nothing much challenging. I started changing that by adding some more difficult areas and in Ultima One I will be redoing all dungeons, so that there is a wider reach of difficulty. We have unique items, for skill bonus and some misc. rare items in loots from harder monsters.

the bad point - I have been staffing for years, and since I became an admin I can happily say I have never hired anyone I have not been happy with. There are many guys out there who sell themselves to admins very well, but the admins are blind to see how childish and abusive those players are. Not under me, Id rather have 2 staff that were good than 6 staff that were average-poor.

Sounds like i don't need to change much, its a shame you guys didnt try BFUO in its peak

ULTIMA ONE
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 10:44 PM by Ultima One.)
08-06-2015 06:47 PM
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

I don't know some terms, what means "faced pace" ?
08-06-2015 08:07 PM
Ultima One
Journeyman

Ultima One

I meant 'fast paced', meaning running and casting, LoS, fizzle, you need to know your spell timings to know what to cast to fizzle your opponent in time etc..

ULTIMA ONE
08-06-2015 10:45 PM
[+] 1 user Likes Ultima One's post
darksun84
Sir Spamalot

Likes Given: 246

Ahh understood Big Grin
08-06-2015 11:57 PM