Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Eternal Pledge (Slow Progression.)
Soulless
Super Moderator

Likes Given: 29

Ye Olde Sphere

RE: Eternal Pledge (Slow Progression.)
I always feel happy when I see people still working on their projects. UO might have died to the modern world but it's still very much alive in those who remember it!

What am I working on?
10-03-2018 12:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Likes Given: 2

Eranova

I'm sorry, I can not connect. I would like to know your Level System. Which version of Client do you use? Basic Mondain or higher?
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018 01:40 AM by golfin.)
10-03-2018 01:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Sypheris
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Sorry Everyone, Life is also busy, haven't been home lately.
10-09-2018 02:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
golfin
Banned

Eranova

You have an interesting UO shard. I have a few notes. There is no link to downloading the UO installation. I suppose you're using Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy. What version of Client can I log into?
Level system is interesting, I write something like this too. I like getting exp and non-combat skills. Trash system is a great idea, Good work.
10-10-2018 04:31 AM
golfin
Banned

Eranova

10-10-2018 02:22 PM
Sypheris
Journeyman

The version i use in now back on the website. I haven't seen that on my end.
10-10-2018 02:25 PM
golfin
Banned

Eranova

So now it's okay. I had the initial version of ML and not everything was good. Now it's OK.
10-10-2018 02:58 PM
golfin
Banned

Eranova

Hi Sypheris, I have a few notes to your server. It can be seen that it is not yet complete. Missing spawn, production menu, map editing, and so on. But it does not matter. Still making something. But, try to find helpers, you can not do it yourself.

As I wrote higher, your experience system is interesting. But I would slow down the gain. You have it duplicated. You are using the exp level and the built-in skillgain Ultima Online system. It's going too fast. To have archery skills in the Grand Masters for half a day, that's fast. It's a pity for the players. Try Original UO skillgain off. It is interesting for production skills, I am similar to script. But a little different. Again, I would slow down the gain. I would not give him for every gain. Example: Lumberjacking - Each gain log is at Tebe gain exp point. Put exp gain just for finding. Similarly to mining. Hmm, I'm doing it differently, I'm finding raw material at world gem bit, but to a certain level of a player in a certain skill. This means: iron - exp point gets the player into skill at 30%. Something like that. And then the player earns a gain of up to 50% skill. Etc.
Well, and a website. A little innovation would want it. And I would add more detailed information about sharps and Online status.
10-12-2018 04:28 AM
Sypheris
Journeyman

Thanks Golfin for the feed back. You are correct it isn't polished by any means. It's more or less for me to tinker with, with still having lots for players to do. Max skill is 300.0 per skill. That's why skillgain is quick. As you gain higher in levels you'll start to unlock more features which can help you with hunting etc. I appreciate you doing some testing though thanks!
10-13-2018 11:12 AM
golfin
Banned

Eranova

Sphere will not do it again for several days.
10-16-2018 01:34 PM