Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EC hues.uop and other files

Likes Given: 17

Hi all guys!
After making old maps compatible with the Enhanced Client, i'm currently working on converting old hues.mul in the new hues.uop.
Unfortunately i experienced some problems, mainly regarding hashes.
Briefly, hues.uop is a package with lots of files inside, and each file name is stored as its hash (not a cryptographic one, but a "weird" algorithm probably found after random surfing on internet, lol).
All hash names are known, except for one file, so it is impossible for me to make a tool to convert the mul, because i won't be able to repack the output in the uop.
Being an hash, it's impossible to directly obtain its correspondant original string, in clear, so i wrote a small but efficient C program to brute-force it, named UOHC.
Being not a "standard" cryptographic algorithm we cannot use powerful tools like oclHashcat, so for now the computing time isn't as short as for oclHashcat (which moreover uses CUDA).
It's possible though with UOHC to find the filenames if they have a restricted charset and a relatively short length, like ones from Texture.uop and LegacyTexture.uop (when i'll have some time, i'll "decrypt" and add them into an updated dictionary, then i'll release it).

Link to UOHC: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wty32rvesgyc4wk/pDETp10L7d
Keep in mind that i'm providing only the C source. When i'll have time i'll make it more user-friendly and provide the executable, however for now you can use it by simply substituting the hash and other params written in the head of the file and compiling it. Personally, i use gcc (you can download Dev-C++ Orwell mod from SourceForge to have a small but useful ambient, which includes the compiler) and enable -O3 flag, to auto-optimize at low level the code to have a nice speed boost.

As you can see, there is more stuff inside this Dropbox folder.
I'm writing my knowledge of each single EC file (which is expanding little by little, anyway it isn't done yet, i need time Big Grin ), collecting MPE dictionaries (which i will update, as said) and updated packet guides.
There is also a folder with all my knowledge and work for hues.uop.
As i promised, i will upload the map conversion tool (with its well commented source), but this will happen when i'll up my shard Smile

At this time, on this front, i'm working on a parallel, CUDA version of UOHC, in order to make it more and more fast, but i spend a little time on it.

If you want to lend a hand for anything you can contact me at claudiobng@gmail.com.

Little OT:
If someone has the skills, maybe he would like to help Kons in creating its own 3D client, based on Unity engine and with a SA EC like interface (links: http://code.google.com/p/kprojects/ http://code.google.com/p/kprojects/wiki/UOPClient http://code.google.com/p/kprojects/wiki/UnityClient )
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 07:43 PM by karma.)
01-04-2014 12:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

RE: EC hues.uop and other files
Hey buddy, nice job!
Do you know how to use Kons project on Unity?
I download the Unity 4.3 and his project, but don't 'run' the map.
Any idea?

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;
- Use the search button and use the keywords of your problem;
- Check the WIKI;
- Create a thread.
01-05-2014 12:21 AM

Likes Given: 17

I don't know, anyway if you are interested and have the skills you may want to contact him, the email address is on his wiki

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
01-05-2014 05:27 AM
Extreme
Grandmaster Poster

Likes Given: 217

SphereCommunity

RE: EC hues.uop and other files
Got it to work Big Grin
Thanks for answer.

STEPS BEFORE CREATE A THREAD
- Check the revisions log;