Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EC basic support

Likes Given: 17

RE: EC basic support
Are those bugs so "heavy" to fix? If solving all of them require too much time, would you consider to fix at least the color bug? It isn't so serious not having the gray screen in dead mode, i can work around the equip problem, so we all can wait some months to have those working.
Indeed, i think i can up my server in a couple of months, so (for me) those fixes are not so urgent, i would be happy if you tell me just that those bugs (or only the color one) will be fixed, sooner or later (not after a year or so however) Big Grin
03-16-2014 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
XuN
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 102

I want to see full EC support too but, for now, how can we involve on EC's support when we don't even have 60% support for all of the classic clients?

Of course we need help! Tongue
03-17-2014 04:32 AM

Clear, so can we expect, sooner or later, concomitant EC and CC support?
I mean, more Sphere will develop, the more bugs will be discovered: there will always be bugs to be fixed. Having only the color problem solved, even in a couple of months (just to know that in a not-too-far future it will be corrected), not expecting to have full EC support, would be great. Being unable to have colored EFFECTs or text is a big handicap which prevents me and other admins to set up a server which is not a simple pvp-for fun one.
With this i'm not trying to make any pressure, you have a huge quantity of work to do and you are doing this for free, so thank you, but i'm asking if it's possible for now (or in a couple of months) to fix only this bug. If you need help with studying new packets or something that does not involve server-side coding, just ask.
03-17-2014 04:53 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

If I knew the new packet involving this, it wouldn't take so long I guess, do you know it?

Most of the problems with EC client are going to be solved ( probably ) while we give support (and fixes) to most of the CC packets so, eventualy, yes, both will have support.
03-17-2014 06:34 AM

I don't know the packet involved, but i can take a look, if someone is so kind to explain me how to do soBig Grin
Time ago i tried to analyze packets sent and received by the client, but sniffing all the network traffic is a mess. The perfect option would be attaching to the client process and sniff it, but wireshark apparently does not do that and i don't know other ways.
If there is a suitable program to do so, maybe i can log in to the EA servers and search for the packets involved. With little explanations maybe i can help.

By the way, does CC have the same problems? I read that EC uses some specific packets, which are not used by CC, so i guess not, or not all of them.
03-17-2014 06:45 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

CC does not have these problems with colors.

I have a present for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/62asp21ebs1gtwo/SpyUO.rar use it to sniff the client (it only works with newer clients it seems).
03-17-2014 07:24 AM

Great! It works with EC! Many thanks Xun!
Do you (or anyone) know if RunUO has better packet support or should i create a trial account on EA?
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2014 07:53 AM by karma.)
03-17-2014 07:35 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

AFAIK RUO has support to almost all packets.
03-17-2014 07:59 AM

Okay, thanks again XuN, it was very kind of you. In my spare time i'll give it a look and i'll keep you informed!
03-17-2014 08:04 AM
XuN
Sphere Developer

Thanks, this will be so nice. In the meantime you can test tonight's build (i've just commited it) it has some 'interesting' news and maybe some fixes on the EC related to animations to (It must at least...)
03-17-2014 08:22 AM