Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Creating a Team
Nachtmusique
Journeyman

Likes Given: 0

Creating a Team
This post is for those of you with operational public server. I want to know your story. How did your team form? Or was your server the dream and hard work of one very focused scripter/administrator? I have always had aspirations of opening a sphere shard, but I get discouraged doing it all on my own. Did most of you start as a group of friends with a singular vision for your project or did you pick up team members over the internet? Or are any of you living proof and inspiration that it is indeed possible to do it alone? I just want to know.

Thanks
Jason
03-10-2016 02:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Nachtmusique
Journeyman

RE: Creating a Team
I see. Thank you for your response. However, I'm more interested in hearing from those with operational public servers. I'm glad you have a dream and a plan for your shard, but we all have dreams and plans. I'm looking for the success stories of those who have been able to make those dreams a reality...er... virtual reality? Anyway, I wish you the best of luck on your server.
03-12-2016 02:58 PM
Khaos
Master

Likes Given: 166

Who are you talking to? Did they remove their post or am I just blocked because I was an Uber bitch to them at some point?! LOL
03-13-2016 10:26 PM
Nachtmusique
Journeyman

They deleted their post...
03-14-2016 12:32 AM
[+] 1 user Likes Nachtmusique's post
Khaos
Master

Dem bastards!!!! Who was it? We can lynch them!!! We can stab them with rusty forks and then lynch them!!!

I will go super bitch for you and tear them a new one! This entire forum knows my mouth is worse than a Stygian Dragon's bite!!! Rawr rawr rawr! Let's eat them alive. ^_^
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2016 01:38 AM by Khaos.)
03-14-2016 01:35 AM
rastrero
Master

Likes Given: 41

Im doing it alone... take so longs but i got no hurry..
03-14-2016 01:49 AM
[+] 1 user Likes rastrero's post
Nachtmusique
Journeyman

Well Khaos is in a good mood today!
03-14-2016 02:38 AM
[+] 1 user Likes Nachtmusique's post
Khaos
Master

Yes she is. She is in an amazing mood. Come on! I have to cheer you all on. Always trying to bring morale up!!!! Rah Rah Rah!!!!! Hehee. xoxo Love
03-14-2016 02:49 AM
Coruja
Sphere Developer

Likes Given: 5

Dimension Shard

self anwered topic lol
on forum logs the user seems to had deleted own posts and also some own created topics (I have no idea why Tongue)

but anyway the team will depend on your project, there's no best way to do it. Some servers are totally crap with totally unprepared team and will evolve to 200+ players where everyone will love everything running as crap as possible. Some others have an high qualified team with extremely fast ping and ultra mega high enginereed systems and don't reach 2 weeks online

so it's not always an server fault, sometimes you have a dream server but ppl won't play on it just because they don't want, even without any reason

but to start a server you must think about the server size, on small servers you can handle it easily by yourself on a free/cheap host. But when your server get more players probably you will need a better host, an donate system (because better host will cost more $$), more ppl to handle GM pages/quests, etc, so you will need more ppl on your team
03-14-2016 10:09 AM
[+] 1 user Likes Coruja's post
Khaos
Master

Well, Dream server is dream game for creators. Smile Not always appeals to the populace and RP servers get hit hard with that logic. Don't notice many doing well beyond 50 players most times. Meanwhile UO SecondAge and Ren are seeing 600 - 1000 players online at once. Again, different server goals and aims. Smile

Coruja is right though, you will need more staff and a good server the bigger it gets, but with the code cleaning Roberpot and Xun are doing, Sphere should be using way less memory soon. Smile

Best thing to do is make a premium system to get income rolling in from the server and link the Sphere API to MySQL and link PayPal API and try to offer services that will be wanted by the players. That will cover your income in more than server costs. Donations aren't always great to run a server, without reward.

Just do what you do would like to do with it!!!
03-14-2016 01:37 PM