Poll: Sphere as Open Source or Not
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Any progress about open source?
Rizz
Master

Likes Given: 21

RE: Any progress about open source?
I am living abroad since 1 months I didn't see this thread in time.
I would like to spend just few words: Ben is right.

I think go on open source will be not the solution to the problem, people are reluctant even to give help and share part of their code (and most probably I am one of them about the sharing part cuz in the past all of my scripts from sphere 51a got leaked and after few months I saw 2 shards appear with my code).

If we go on open source, people who can manage the code on their own will just leave the community stop to taking care about and this place will die.

What we need is more active devs.
We need need devs involved to improve sphere itself and not just their shard (sometimes I saw some modification on the code made on purpose for the shard of the dev and I complained about bcuz it's a kind of unwanted feature... anyway they fixed so it's ok).

It's true that sphere can go unstable day by day but nobody gets money on this project, I am sorry I am not rich otherwise I will really pay you guys to fix the issue that are actually make me crazy.

I do my part: when I find a bug, I use the bugtracker and I report it.

My conclusion is: no open source but please fix more quickly the issues we have. I rather prefer if you stop the add features for now and just focus to fix everything to publish a stable release. I don't know how much time it can take.

Now is better if I go back work before they catch me ahah
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 04:50 PM by Rizz.)
09-08-2015 04:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Rizz's post
Darkyhood
Apprentice

Likes Given: 2

Hello. Any decision? I just want to know, is point to wait or not. If Sphere never be open source - fine, just let us know or if open source is possible, can you tell to us approximately when? Thank you.
10-02-2015 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
amonvangrell
Banned

Likes Given: 17

britannia shard

I am against this open source business.
10-02-2015 07:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply